The Marshall Stability Load Frames have a design and construction features similar to the MS-398 Pro-Loader II Load Frame, but the loading rate is fixed at 2in (50.8mm) per minute specified for Marshall testing.
The MS-86 has a 10,000lbf (44.5kN) capacity and operates at 120V/60Hz. The MS-86F is identical but operates at 230V/60Hz. The MS-87 has a 20,000lbf (89kN) capacity and operates at 230V/50-60Hz. The loading rate for all models is maintained at ±1% by the 1hp DC motor and controller.
These Marshall Stability Testing Machines include an 8in (203mm) diameter lower platen. The load frames have a vertical clearance of 19.5in (495mm) and horizontal clearance of 11.9in (302mm). Cross-head heights are quickly and accurately changed using the adjusting nuts. Cabinet construction is 14-gauge steel with a durable enamel finish. The 1.25in (31.8mm) diameter vertical threaded rods are plated for corrosion resistance. Malleable boots protect the precision loading screws from dust and dirt.
- MS-86: 10,000lbf (44.5kN) capacity (120V/60Hz or 230V/60Hz)
- MS-87: 20,000lbf (89kN) capacity (230V/50–60Hz)
- Built for Marshall Testing with fixed 2in (50.8mm) per minute loading rate
- Consistent loading rate maintained at ±1% by the 1hp DC motor and controller
- Easily changeable cross heads with adjusting nuts
- Flexible boots protect precision loading screws from debris
- Marshall Stability Load Frame (10,000 or 20,000lbf capacity)
- 8in (203mm) diameter lower platen