Gilson’s line of Sample Splitters and Dividers are designed to ensure test specimens are representative samples of the original or bulk material, having the same particle sizes in equal proportions.
Riffle Splitters are the most common splitter with a cost-effective and efficient design to direct materials through an array of chutes, discharging fractions into separate containers. Spinning Rifflers, also known as Rotary Sample Dividers, is the method of choice for precision representative sampling of the highest order. This method virtually eliminates operator error, and research has demonstrated its accuracy.
Gilson recommends chute opening sizes to be two to three times wider than the largest particle size for all its splitters.
- Universal Sample Splitters are riffle-type splitters feature Gilson’s proprietary lever-release gated hopper and adjustable width chute design, allowing optimization to a wide range of material sizes. Bulk field samples are quickly processed to testing size specimens. Universal Splitters are available for particle sizes from fine sands up to 4in (100mm) and provide versatility, flexibility, and accuracy.
- Universal Mini-Splitters are smaller Gilson Universal Splitters carry forward the gated hopper and adjustable chute bar design in a portable and easily positioned package. These riffle-type Mini Splitters are ideal for powders and granular materials with top sizes less than 1/4in (6.4mm). A model with all contact parts constructed of stainless steel is available.
- Fixed Chute Splitter are rugged floor model riffle-type splitter is similar in size and capacity to the SP-1 Universal Splitter, but features ten fixed-width chutes for accurate, rapid splitting and mixing of granular materials up to 1.125in (28.6mm). Its sturdy welded and bolted steel frame has a painted and baked finish.
- Quartermaster Asphalt Sample Divider is a patented, the asphalt-specific model offers quick and accurate dividing of large bulk samples of hot-mix asphalt as required for quality control analysis. It also allows for a fast reduction of materials to testing size for specialized applications. Samples of 120lb (55kg) are easily reduced with consistent laboratory results. The sturdy construction is designed for easy cleaning and to stand up to rugged field conditions.
- California Fixed Chute Splitter is designed by and initially constructed for the California Department of Transportation, this sturdy, large-capacity 1.9ft³ (53.8L) fixed chute riffle splitter meets CalTrans 201 requirements for coarse aggregate splitters for particle sizes to 1.125in (57.2mm). Available in two models, one outfitted with steel pans and the other with aluminum pans.
- Spinning Rifflers/Rotary Sample Dividers are precision instruments feature improved accuracy over traditional riffle splitters for the reduction of bulk materials with exceptional accuracy. The laboratory model Spinning Riffler is a table-top size with a one-liter capacity for up to 16 fractions of finer materials. The Accu-Max Spinning Riffler has a 1.8ft³ hopper capacity, ideal for up to eight splits of large bulk samples with particle topsize to 2in (50mm).
- Enclosed Sample Splitters offers several riffle-type Enclosed Sample Splitter designs in various sizes and capacities. The Enclosed Sample Splitter models significantly reduce nuisance dust – which can be unhealthy, minimize sample loss, stabilize moisture variations, and allow for easier clean-up during splitting operations.
- 1/16th Sample Reducers are designed to offer the fast reduction of materials to testing size for specialized applications, Sample Reducers feature a series of chutes, dividers, and openings on a slanted flow table. These components systematically direct a 1/16 fraction of the bulk sample to a collection container and the remainder to a reject pan.
- Micro & Precision Splitters are riffle-type splitters are designed to produce small samples of fine powders. Gilson Precision Splitters with fixed-width chutes are constructed of stainless steel, with gate-release hoppers for maximum loading control and sample distribution. The Jones Micro-Splitter has stainless steel open feeder guides rather than gate-release hoppers. Micro & Precision Splitters are most-frequently utilized in pharmaceutical, food, and powdered metals applications and testing.
- Laboratory Split-O-Matic Splitters are a line of high-capacity laboratory splitters, these units efficiently reduce large samples of up to 3ft³ (85L) through multiple stages in a single pass. There are several models to choose from, offering varying chutes per stage, chute slope angles, and maximum particle size to meet different applications. Models for laboratory or production applications add increased capacity and multiple stages. Laboratory models can also be ordered with custom components.
- Production Split-O-Matic Splitters are unique splitters feature multi-stage processing and optional pneumatic gate controls and are easily integrated into production operations. The wide range of models offers numerous options and hopper capacities up to 12ft³ (340L). Custom design and special fabrication are available.
- Sample Quartering Kit offers an economical method of aggregate sample size reduction that meets specification requirements. The kit includes a heavy canvas quartering cloth, along with a shovel and broom. Components are also available separately.
- Sampling Probes are used to obtain direct samples from large stockpiles of materials. With a hollow tube design, Sampling Probes are inserted directly into stockpiles or containers to recover representative samples of grain, seed, or other granular material.
- Sample Pans are functional accessories for handling all types of materials in the lab. Heavy-gauge durable steel is welded and painted.
- Mixing Wheel is a floor-mounted Gilson Mixing Wheel that thoroughly mixes and blends materials such as coals and ores, assuring accurate and consistent results. The wheel holds up to ten 0.5gal (2L) Sample Jars.
- Mini Mixing Wheel is designed for thorough mixing of smaller quantities of materials such as coal and ore, the Mini Mixing Wheel delivers consistent and accurate results. Can rotate up to six 8oz (237ml) sample jars.
Still not sure which Sample Splitter is best suited for your needs? Contact Us for assistance.