Particle-size reduction, or comminution, is often required to prepare bulk material samples for testing. Crushing is often the initial step with materials such as mineral ores or aggregates using varying combinations of force, impact, and compression to initiate fracturing in the materials.
Pulverizing further reduces particles through friction and abrasion, and yields materials in granular or powder form for testing. These operations are sometimes secondary to crushing.
Milling and Grinding produce finer, more homogenous specimens from impact, pressure, and abrasion, or through cutting actions on softer materials such as plastics or plant fibers.
- Crushers include offers jaw crushers, hammermills, cone crushers, and roll crusher options, each with multiple models, and designed for performance on harder materials such as ores, minerals, coal, and rock.
- Pulverizers efficiently reduce aggregate, mineral or coal sample particle sizes using grinding plates, hammermills, or centrifugal impact.
- Grinding Mills include Ball Mills, Mortar Grinders, and various types of Cutting Mills and Beater Mills falls into this category. Different models can process a wide range of materials, including tough and fibrous materials like plastics, rubber, and plant materials not easily reduced with typical crushers and pulverizers. Apparatus for specific tests are also featured here.
- Gilson Mixing Wheel ensures proper sample preparation for materials such as coal and ore requires thorough mixing to attain consistent and accurate results.
- Mini Mixing Wheel is designed for thorough mixing of smaller quantities of materials such as coal and ore, the Mini Mixing Wheel delivers consistent and accurate results. Can rotate up to six 8oz (237ml) sample jars.