Gilson offers a robust line of concrete testing equipment and testing accessories that conform to ASTM, AASHTO, and other applicable standards. Our equipment spans across all phases of testing for strength, compliance, and consistency. From the placement of fresh concrete to lab curing and strength testing of concrete specimens to the non-destructive testing of hardened concrete, you’ll find the equipment you need, here. Our selection also includes fresh concrete tests for entrained air, slump, and maturity, as well as corrosion and strength.
- Fresh Concrete Testing equipment ensures that material is delivered as specified for high-quality pavements and structures. Equipment includes apparatus to measure concrete slump or workability, air content, unit weight, initial set, Self-Consolidating Concrete passing ability, and consolidation.
- Concrete Strength Testing measures compressive or flexural strength of concrete to assure compliance with application requirements. Equipment includes concrete compression machines, specimen measurement and cylinder testing/preparation apparatus, test hammers, masonry block caps, and equipment for uniformity assessment and perpendicularity verification.
- Cement Testing Equipment is used to test mortars and grouts in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and other standards for fineness, consistency, set time, soundness, strength, the heat of hydration, and specific gravity. Gilson has a wide selection of cement testing equipment, including cube and prism molds, grout prism capping stand, flow cone set and sample box, Vicat apparatus, penetrometers, flow tables, strain gauge set, grout windows, mixing devices, and Blaine Air permeability, fineness, and Gilmore needle apparatus.
- Concrete Curing equipment helps ensure optimal concrete strength and durability by controlling moisture loss during hydration and measuring environmental conditions over timed intervals. Gilson offers an extensive range of curing equipment, including curing boxes/tanks, fogging fans, multiple moisture/heating/circulating solutions, field curing and transport equipment, laboratory moisture cabinets, and environmental measurement tools.
- Concrete Sample Molds are available in single-use cylinders or reusable options to form concrete specimens that comply with ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- Non-Destructive Testing equipment is used to assess concrete structures for strength, durability, and susceptibility to deterioration and quality control.
- Core Drilling and Sawing is an accepted method for obtaining samples of hardened concrete for various strength tests, petrographic analysis, and chemical tests. Gilson offers reliable equipment to easily drill, extract, and cut samples to size.
- Laboratory Concrete Mixers for concrete, asphalt, cement, and grout are available in portable or heavy-duty options to meet your needs.
- Specimen Measurement includes Digital Calipers with 0-6 or 0-12in (152 to 305mm) range and Diameter Measuring Tape, available in Inches or Metric, offer ease and accuracy of measuring length, diameter and circumference of concrete specimens.