Gilson offers a robust line of concrete testing equipment and testing accessories that conform to ASTM, AASHTO and other applicable standards. Our equipment spans across all phases of testing for strength, compliance and consistency. From placement of fresh concrete to lab curing and strength testing of concrete specimens, to non-destructive testing of hardened concrete, you’ll find the equipment you need, here. Our selection also includes fresh concrete tests for entrained air, slump and maturity, as well as corrosion and strength.
- Fresh Concrete Testing equipment ensures that material is delivered as specified for high-quality pavements and structures. Equipment includes apparatus to measure concrete slump or workability, air content, unit weight, initial set, Self-Consolidating Concrete passing ability, and consolidation.
- Concrete Strength Testing measures compressive or flexural strength of concrete to assure compliance with application requirements. Equipment includes concrete compression machines, specimen measurement and cylinder testing/preparation apparatus, test hammers, masonry block caps, and equipment for uniformity assessment and prependicularity verification.
- Cement Testing Equipment is used to test mortars and grouts in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and other standards for fineness, consistency, set time, soundness, strength, heat of hydration, and specific gravity. Gilson has a wide selection of cement testing equipment, including cube and prism molds, grout prism capping stand, flow cone set and sample box, vicat apparatus, penetrometers, flow tables, strain gauge set, grout windows, mixing devices, and Blaine Air permeability, fineness, and Gilmore needle apparatus.
- Concrete Curing equipment helps ensure optimal concrete strength and durability by controlling moisture loss during hydration and measuring environmental conditions over timed intervals. Gilson offers an extensive range of curing equipment, including curing boxes/tanks, fogging fans, multiple moisture/heating/circulating solutions, field curing and transport equipment, laboratory moisture cabinets, and environmental measurement tools.
- Concrete Sample Molds are available in single-use cylinders or reusable options to form concrete specimens that comply with ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- Crack Monitors are easy to use and offer reliable monitoring of crack widths in concrete bridges, roads, and buildings. Several different styles of crack monitors are available to choose from.
- Core Drilling and Sawing is an accepted method for obtaining samples of hardened concrete for various strength tests, petrographic analysis and chemical tests. Gilson offers reliable equipment to easily drill, extract, and cut samples to size.
- Laboratory Concrete Mixers for concrete, asphalt, cement and grout are available in portable or heavy-duty options to meet your needs.
- Concrete Maturity Testing is a reliable way to estimate early-age strength of concrete by collecting temperatures from probes that measure the in situ temperature profile.
- Corrosion Measurement equipment determines the rate of corrosion in reinforcing steel to evaluate service life and assess the condition of concrete. Gilson offers resistivity and corrosion meters, as well as a concrete corrosion mapping system.
- Rebar Locators and Cover Meters locate reinforcing bars, welded-wire mesh, and metal wall ties in a structure to promote safe and effective recovery of test cores. Cover meters estimate size and depth of reinforcing steel.
- Proceq Pundit Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) Instruments provide an accurate and reliable means of assessing the quality of concrete. Select from three models.
- Concrete Resonant Frequency is a non-destructive method of measuring the elastic properties and degradation of concrete over a wide frequency and temperature range. An alternative to cyclic load testing or ultrasonic analysis, concrete resonant frequency can quickly determine Young’s modulus, modulus of rigidity and Poisson’s ratio for freeze-thaw durability and mix design specifications.
- Rapid Chloride Permeability Tester determines concrete resistance to chloride ion penetration to predict corrosion potential of reinforcing steel.
- Alkali Silica Reactivity (ASR) Detection Kit has reagents to identify Alkali Silica Reactivity present in hardened concrete. When using recycled concrete aggregate, test results can be leveraged for mitigation purposes by proportioning concrete mixtures with additives during the design phase. Thus, preemptive ASR screening can significantly extend the life of new concrete structures and reduce replacement and rehabilitation costs of existing structures.
- Concrete Coefficient of Thermal Expansion System determinations predict thermally induced expansion and contraction movements in concrete pavement which helps in developing concrete pavement mix designs.
- Concrete Moisture Testing evaluates the moisture conditions of concrete prior to installation of floor coverings or tile. By determining the slab equilibrium point, costly blister and delaminations can be avoided.