Careful curing of concrete specimens under controlled conditions assures that strength develops properly and mix design requirements are met. Concrete curing equipment and products also protect specimens, provide stability for transport from field to lab, measure and control testing environments, and monitor curing conditions.
- Portable Curing Boxes – Gilson Portable Thermocure Curing Boxes Deluxe models feature both heating and cooling functions, while Economy models have heating function only. The Perfa-Cure series has heating-only models in mini and standard sizes, and Perfa-Cure Plus with both heating and cooling capabilities. All models are ideal for initial curing stages of fresh concrete samples. Field Curing Chest is lightweight and easily transportable for use in the field.
- Concrete Curing Tanks – Constructed of galvanized steel or heavy plastic, Concrete Curing Tanks are used for lab or field curing of concrete beams, cylinders or other concrete specimens. Steel curing tanks are available in 103, 142, 252 and 300gal sizes, while plastic curing tanks come in 40, 110 and 180gal capacities.
- Aquafog® Turbo XE Fogging Fans – Available in large and small versions, Aquafog® Turbo XE Fogging Fans’ powerful air flow produces high quality moisture fog and uniform distribution. Designed for corrosive environments, they operate on ordinary water sources, including well water.
- Moisture Room Control Panel – A wall-mounted Moisture Room Control Panel is a stand-alone, custom system using HMA-298 Atomizing Spray Heads. It features an easy-to-read digital controller display, and maintains precise temperature and 100% humidity in the concrete specimen curing environment.
- Curing Tank Heater – The Curing Tank Heater is designed to maintain the required temperature in large water tanks; one heater can normally supply sufficient heat to control up to 350gal of water when ambient temperatures are at 53°F (12°C).
- Curing Tank Circulator – Used together with a curing tank heater, one Curing Tank Circulator gently circulates the water to help maintain consistent curing temperature in a tank of up to 350gal. More than one curing tank circulator is typically needed for larger tanks.
- Heater/Circulator – With dual action heating and water circulation capabilities, the Heater/Circulator has a long heating element immersible from 3-7in, two-speed pumping for 9 or 15L per minute, and is designed for tanks and baths up to 7.4gal (28L).
- Transport Racks – The Transport Racks easily fit within the Field Curing Chest and can accommodate 4in or 6in diameter cylinders.
- Moist Cabinet – The Moist Cabinet with 11ft3 capacity and a heated triple-pane glass door offers a temperature and humidity controlled environment for curing mortar and concrete test specimens. It features settable humidity controls, and maintains up to 95% humidity. Both humidity and temperature are indicated on LED displays.
- Kestrel® 5200 Professional Environmental Meter – The Kestrel® 5200 Professional Environmental Meter is designed for field use when monitoring conditions influencing development of shrinkage cracking in freshly-placed concrete. The multi-functional unit has measurement capabilities that include air temperature, wind speed, relative humidity and barometric pressure, and can also compute evaporation rate, dew point, heat stress and wind chill based on ACI 308R guidelines. One model offers Bluetooth® LINK connectivity.
- Sling Psychrometer – A Sling Psychrometer is a simple to use instrument for accurately measuring ambient temperature and humidity, and ultimately, the relative humidity of an area. Its folding swivel handle allows for easy spinning, with a humidity range of 1-97% RH.