Ovens and Furnaces are used in many different material testing applications. Ovens generally operate at lower temperatures for drying materials in sample preparation or for moisture content determinations. Hot Plates, Ranges and Heat Gun Driers are more portable and convenient for use in general drying and heating applications. Furnaces generate higher temperatures for special applications.
Gilson offers a variety of Laboratory Ovens for efficient sample processing in common heating and drying applications.
- Laboratory Ovens offer a wide selection of brands, models, and capacities to choose from. While most models are electric, some are available that operate on natural gas or LP. Temperature range, chamber capacity, and gravity or forced-air convection are three primary factors to consider in determining which Laboratory Oven best meets your needs.
Our selection of Laboratory Oven models ranges from bench-top to floor-standing, and includes Quincy Lab, Despatch, Shel Lab®, Grieve, and Peerless Gas.
Models with features like heavy duty construction, high-capacity, and large cabinets are available. Rolling Thin Film Ovens (RTFO) from Gilson and Applied Test Systems (ATS) are purpose-built for specific asphalt testing applications.
Furnaces operate at much higher temperatures and are used for loss-on-ignition, ashing, or other applications. Furnaces are often more compact, with thicker insulating walls to maintain the higher temperatures. The chambers are smaller, and specimens are tested in ceramic or special metal crucibles. Gilson offers two types of furnaces:
- Muffle Furnaces include several models with a range of chamber capacities, temperature capabilities, manual or automatic digital controls, digital display, programmable features and more to choose from.
- Specialty Asphalt Furnaces & Ovens feature the Gilson Asphalt Content Furnace and the NCAT Asphalt Content Furnace, both of which meet ASTM D6307 and AASHTO T 308 requirements for asphalt binder content determinations. Three styles of Rolling Thin Film Ovens are also available to meet your asphalt binder testing needs: Gilson RTFO with advanced design and manufactured in cooperation with ATS or the ATS RTFO with a unique design that allows user-customization for special applications.
Gilson also has a selection of smaller appliances, electric and propane, that can be a convenient and portable alternative to laboratory ovens for some less-demanding drying and heating applications.
- Hot Plates, Ranges & Stirrers feature electric or propane hot plates and electric ranges in single or double burner capacity. Also available are Magnetic Stirring Hot Plates with adjustable stirring speed.
- Heat Gun Driers come in standard and high-temperature heat models. They can be used handheld or benchtop to direct heat onto a specific source.