Compressive or flexural strength of concrete is easily measured in a number of ways for different types of specimens. Gilson Compression Testing Machines are the stiffest in the industry and meet or exceed ASTM C39 requirements and ACI 368 recommendations for rigidity.
We offer a full line of concrete compression testing machines and related accessories to determine flexural beam strengths, deformation and strain, and more. Gilson also features a complete selection of accessories for capping and end preparation of strength specimens, as well as instruments for strength estimates of hardened concrete in the field.
Read our blog Concrete Cylinder Testing: Sulfur Capping or Neoprene Pads?
- Concrete Compression Testing Machines are available with total capacities from 250 to 500Mlbf (1,112 to 2,224kN) equipped with our Pro or Pro Plus Controllers. Each series also offers several models with a range of capabilities for testing different sample types. An informative video and comparison chart of Concrete Compression Testing Machines is included on this page, as is a chart comparing the Pro and Pro-Plus Controller.
- Attachments & Accessories for Concrete Compression Machines allow different tests to be performed on concrete specimens. All Attachments and Accessories are compatible with the MC Series models listed and comply with relevant ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Unbonded Concrete Cylinder Capping Pads and Sets unbonded capping use neoprene pads in steel retaining rings as an efficient and economical alternative to capping cylinder specimens with molten sulfur. Sets and pads are available for 2, 3, 4, and 6in diameter cylinders for a wide range of compressive strengths.
- Capping Compound is used for even load distribution in concrete strength testing. The compounds melt quickly and comply with ASTM and AASHTO standards. Available in ingot or ultra-thin flake compounds.
- Vertical Cylinder Cappers are available for 3in, 4in, and 6in (76, 102, and 152mm) diameters and meet AASHTO T 231 and ASTM C617 standards.
- Melting Pots are available in 4, 8, 12, 20, 24, and 28qt capacities, Melting Pots are used for preparing capping compounds, wax, tars, liquid asphalt, and other materials. Melting pots provide even heat distribution and feature precision temperature control for 38°—160°C (100°—320°F) range.
- Portable Beam Tester is easily transportable, the Portable Beam Tester sets up quickly in the field for rapid checks of 6x6in (152x152mm) concrete beam specimens.
- Concrete Cylinder End Grinders are essential tools for modern concrete labs, the Concrete Cylinder End Grinders eliminate the need for sulfur or unbonded capping of concrete strength specimens. Models are cost-effective, time-saving, reduce health and safety concerns, and can prepare four to six specimens at the same time, up to 100 4in or 6in (102 or 152mm) cylinders per day.
- Masonry Block Caps come in dimensions of 8inx16in or 12inx16in, Masonry Block Caps are a unique capping method used in compressive strength testing of masonry units and ideal for internal quality control testing applications.
For more information on Concrete Strength Testing Equipment, here are our related blogs: