Concrete Coring Equipment includes Concrete Core Drills, Diamond Core Drill Bits, Masonry Saws, and Core Retrieval Tongs. Gilson’s coring equipment can perform in a wide range of applications from sampling concrete pavements, slabs, and structures, or cutting and trimming of specimens in sample preparation for testing. The equipment can also be used for sampling asphalt.
- Concrete Core Drills are powered by gasoline or electric for core sampling of concrete and asphalt. They offer fast drilling and low bit wear.
- Concrete Diamond Core Drill Bits provide optimum performance in wet core drilling of reinforced concrete and asphalt. The bits are available in open- or closed-head design with models ranging in size from 2 to 6.25in (51 to 159mm). Asphalt Diamond Coring Bits are also available.
- Expander Sets for Open-Head Core Bits are required for use with open-head coring bits. Expander sets are available in sizes to match bit diameters and can be used over and over.
- Core Retrieval extractors and tongs extract intact 4 and 6in (102 and 152mm) core samples from drilled pavements and structures. Core Retrieval Tongs are long-handled and offer more leverage, while Core Extractors are more compact and feature a locked-in grip.
- Masonry Saws are available in portable and heavy-duty models and perform wet or dry cutting and trimming of concrete, asphalt or masonry specimens during sample preparation for testing. The portable saw has a 5in (127mm) cut depth, while the heavy-duty model cut depth is 8in (203mm).