Testing characteristics of hydraulic Portland Cements and grouts assures predictable performance in final mix batches of concrete and masonry products. Gilson offers a wide selection of products for testing strength, shrinkage rate, consistency and flowability, hydration, set time, and other properties of cement and similar materials in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Cube Molds are available constructed of plastic or different metals to form cube specimens of 2x2in, 6x6in, or ISO 150x150mm; many meeting ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Prism Molds in the single or two-gang configuration are made of corrosion-resistant steel or stainless steel to form 1x1x10in, 2x2x10in, or 3x3x10 prisms. Each model meets ASTM C227, ASTM C151, ASTM C490, AASHTO T 107M and AASHTO R 70 standards.
- Length Change Test Apparatus measures length changes of cast prisms that are not related to the applied load. Related products include a cement autoclave, length comparator, prism molds, and mortar bar container.
- Vicat Apparatus is used to determine consistency and time of the set of cement paste and other similar materials, Vicat Apparatus is also available in a modified model for determination of false set.
- Mortar Penetrometers available in a free-standing floor model or handheld, both styles are ideal for testing prepared mortars and grouts in field and laboratory settings for initial and final set times.
- Flow Tables used for determining the flow consistency of mortars. They have a 10in rigid cast bronze table and cast iron frame and are available in both a manual and motorized style.
- Laboratory Cement Mortar Mixers with two models of industrial-grade Laboratory Mixers, Planetary and Large Planetary, that meet ASTM and AASHTO specification requirements for consistent, thorough blending of mortar, cement, and other materials.
- Grout Prism Capping Stand for compressive strength specimens of masonry grout up to 3.5in (89mm) square. Produces properly sized vertical caps for accurate test results. Solid steel construction.
- Grout Sample Box is specially designed to form samples, store, and ship. The Grout Sample Box is single-use and sets up easily for molding samples for testing.
- Grout Flow Cone Sets measure the flowability of hydraulic grout in preplaced aggregate concrete as determined by the time of discharge through an orifice. Available in two models – one with a larger orifice for thick grouts.
- ASTM Test Sands for specific test methods are available in a range of compositions and grades and meet specific ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- LeChatelier Specific Gravity Flask measures the specific gravity of hydraulic cement, sand, and other fine materials.
- Moist Cabinet cures mortar and concrete test specimens using precision control of the temperature and humidity environment. Data port allows continuous monitoring and data acquisition with a user’s PC.
- Trowels with straight or curved edges are convenient for mixing/handling of samples and meet ASTM and AASHTO standards. The straight-edged trowel meets ASTM standards for proper consolidation and strikes off of mortar and grout specimens.
- Gillmore Needle Apparatus determines the initial and final set times of certain cements, mortars, and hydraulic hydrated lime.
- Blaine Air Permeability Apparatus used to measure specific surface area and determine the airflow rate through fine powder specimens such as Portland cement. This apparatus meets AASHTO T 153 and ASTM C204 standards.
- Fineness of the Hydraulic Cement Test Apparatus meets standards for particle sizing of fine materials such as Portland and other hydraulic cements, fly ash, and other materials that require constant-pressure water wash in testing.
- Masonry Grout Window permits direct visual confirmation of grout fill in masonry block cells. The design allows easy cleaning out of debris before placement. Masonry Grout Windows are reusable.
- Strain Gauge Set mechanically provides precision measurements of structural strain, shrinkage, relative displacement, and more. Anodized aluminum frame adjusts for measurement points set at 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 in (5, 10, 15, 20, 25cm for metric). Available in standard, metric, and digital models.
For more information on Cement Testing Equipment, here are our related blogs: