Testing characteristics of hydraulic Portland Cements and grouts assures predictable performance in final mix batches of concrete and masonry products. Gilson offers a wide selection of products for testing strength, shrinkage rate, consistency and flowability, hydration, set time and other properties of cement and similar materials in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Cube Molds are available constructed of plastic or different metals to form cube specimens of 2x2in, 6x6in or ISO 150x150mm; many meeting ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Prism Molds in single or two-gang configuration are made of corrosion resistant steel or stainless steel to form 1x1x10in, 2x2x10in or 3x3x10 prisms. Each model meets ASTM C227, ASTM C151, ASTM C490, AASHTO T 107M and AASHTO R 70 standards.
- Grout Sample Box is specially designed to form samples, store and ship. The Grout Sample Box is single use, and sets up easily for molding samples for testing.
- Grout Prism Capping Stand for compressive strength specimens of masonry grout up to 3.5in (89mm) square. Produces properly-sized vertical caps for accurate test results. Solid steel construction.
- Vicat Apparatus is used to determine consistency and time of set of cement paste and other similar materials, Vicat Apparatus is also available in a modified model for determination of false set.
- Mortar Penetrometers available in a free-standing floor model or handheld, both styles are ideal for testing prepared mortars and grouts in field and laboratory settings for initial and final set times.
- Flow Tables used for determining flow consistency of mortars. They have a 10in rigid cast bronze table and cast iron frame, and are available in both a manual and motorized style.
- Length Change Test Apparatus measures length changes of cast prisms that are not related to applied load. Related products include a cement autoclave, length comparator, prism molds, and mortar bar container.
- Trowels with straight or curved edges are convenient for mixing/handling of samples and meet ASTM and AASHTO standards. The straight-edged trowel meets ASTM standards for proper consolidation and strike off of mortar and grout specimens.
- Grout Flow Cone Sets measure flowability of hydraulic grout in preplaced aggregate concrete as determined by time of discharge through an orifice. Available in two models – one with a larger orifice for thick grouts.
- Masonry Grout Window permits direct visual confirmation of grout fill in masonry block cells. Design allows easy cleaning out of debris before placement. Masonry Grout Windows are reusable.
- Fineness of Hydraulic Cement Test Apparatus meet standards for particle sizing of fine materials such as Portland and other hydraulic cements, fly ash, and other materials that require a constant-pressure water wash in testing.
- Gillmore Needle Apparatus determines initial and final set times of certain cements, mortars and hydraulic hydrated lime.
- ASTM Test Sands for specific test methods are available in a range of compositions and grades, and meet specific ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Laboratory Cement Mortar Mixers with two models of industrial-grade Laboratory Mixers, Planetary and Large Planetary, that meet ASTM and AASHTO specification requirements for consistent, thorough blending of mortar, cement and other materials.
- Blaine Air Permeability Apparatus used to measure specific surface area and determine air flow rate through fine powder specimens such as Portland cement. This apparatus meets AASHTO T 153 and ASTM C204 standards.
- Strain Gauge Set mechanically provides precision measurements of structural strain, shrinkage, relative displacement and more. Anodized aluminum frame adjusts for measurement points set at 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 in (5, 10, 15, 20, 25cm for metric). Available in standard, metric and digital models.
- Moist Cabinet cures mortar and concrete test specimens using precision control of the temperature and humidity environment. Data port allows continuous monitoring and data acquisition with user’s PC.