Strain Gauge Set is used to yield precise physical measurements of strain in materials or structural components under load, relative displacements in structures, opening or closing of cracks, shrinkage of the concrete block during curing, and similar applications. The anodized aluminum alloy instrument frame adjusts for measuring at 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10in spacing (5, 10, 15, 20, 25cm for metric) of Punch Bar and Invar Master Bar used.
HM-240 has an analog dial indicator unit of measure in U.S. units and has 0.0001in graduations, maximum travel of 0.4in, and 0.3in range of strain measurement.
HM-240F has an analog dial indicator units of measure is metric units has 0.002mm graduations, maximum travel of 10mm, and a 7.6mm range of strain measurement
HM-240D has digital indicator units of measure that can switch between U.S. and metric units with 0.0001in or 0.001mm graduations. The digital dial indicator has a data output interface and has a battery life of 5,000 hours.
The Storage Case includes slots for the Invar Master Bar for Strain Gauge and Punch Bar for Strain Gauge – both are required items of the Strain Gauge Set sold separately, and available in Imperial or Metric models. Master Bar has stainless steel seat inserts to check gauge space settings. Punch Bar has one fixed point and one moveable point and is used to accurately locate the position of brass Inserts in the specimen.
- Anodized aluminum alloy instrument frame adjusts to the spacing of Punch Bar and Invar Master Bar
- Mountable Brass Inserts hold stainless steel Contact Seats
- Hardened steel Contact Points
- 5,000-hour battery life
- Strain Gauge Set
- Strain Gauge Dial Indicator (Analog U.S. or Metric, or Digital U.S./Metric units)
- Eight Brass Inserts
- Two Contact Seats
- Two mounted Contact Points
- Wooden Storage Case
- HM-241 Invar Master Bar checks space settings of gauge and is available in Imperial or Metric. It is required to verify calibration of the Strain Gauge
- HM-242 Punch Bar provides accuracy to locate the brass inserts in the specimen and is available in Imperial or Metric. It is required for use with the Strain Gauge Set
- HMA-150 Contact Seat is stainless steel threaded into Brass Inserts for measurements
- HMA-152 Brass Inserts mount in test specimen and hold threaded Contact Seats
- HMA-151 Contact Point is hardened steel, mounts in Strain Gauge frame, and is positioned in Contact Seats when measuring strain