Cube Molds used with cement, mortar, grout, concrete, and capping compounds are available in models constructed of plastic or various metals. Metal molds are rugged and meet specific ASTM and AASHTO standards. The light-weight plastic molds perform well with internal quality control programs; some also align with ASTM standards as indicated.
Models: HM-294, HM-294M, HM-294C
Models: HM-296, HM-296M, HM-296C
Gilson’s 2x2in (51x51mm) cube molds for cement testing are available in bronze, stainless steel, or high-density polyethylene plastic. Gilson also carries single specimen steel or plastic concrete cube molds, available in 6x6in (152x152mm) or 150x150mm size.
- HM-294 Bronze Cube Mold, 2x2in is a three-gang grout and mortar cube mold supplied without a cover plate and meets several ASTM and AASHTO standards for mold casting conventional grout and mortar specimens. A detachable base plate is included. Cover plates with holes for casting sulfur mortar capping compound samples can be purchased separately, as well as solid brass and plastic cover plates. Also available in the 50x50mm model. HM-294C Bronze Cube Mold, 2x2in includes a detachable brass base plate and cover plate. The three-gang grout cube mold performs well with expansive grout when the plate is used and also meets several ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- HM-296 Stainless Steel Cube Molds, 2x2in meet numerous ASTM and AASHTO standards for molding 2in grout and mortar cubes. Models are available to cast 2x2in or 50x50mm cubes. Stainless steel construction resists corrosion and has a long service life.
- HM-297 Econ-O-Cube Mold, 2x2in is a three-gang engineered plastic mold that meets dimensional tolerances only of ASTM C109. Plastic sides and base are assembled using self-aligning thumb screws. For the casting of cement, concrete, or grout specimens.
- HM-335 HDP Plastic Cube Mold, 2x2in three-gang mold is made of high-density polyethylene (HDP) for molding cement, mortar, and grout samples. This model meets dimensional tolerances only of ASTM C109.
- HM-340 Cube Maker System, 2x2in with aluminum frame uses disposable polypropylene liners that easily lift out to remove cured cubes. Ideal for non-specification testing of mortar, grout, and cement samples. Polyurethane Pad Caps and stainless steel retainers can be used for compression testing.
- HM-291 and HM-292 Plastic Concrete Cube Molds, 150x150mm are available in premium or economy models for molding concrete samples for compressive strength testing. The rugged plastic molds double as containers for mortar penetration testing and meet ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- HM-290 Steel Concrete Cube Mold, 6x6in mold samples for testing compressive strength in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards. This sturdy steel mold also serves as a container to hold samples for mortar penetration and set-time tests. Hinged construction assembles with included wing nuts.
- HM-298 Rubber Tamper for cube molds meets the requirements of many ASTM standards and AASHTO T 106M for consolidating mortar and grout samples.
For more information on Cube Molds for Cement, Mortar, and Grout, here are our related blogs: