Pulverizers use a stationary plate and a moving plate, working in opposition to trap particles in the adjustable gap and use compressive force to break them down. Unlike jaw crushers, the plates use rotational instead of oscillating motion, and yield a product with slightly narrower and more consistent size range.
Gilson offers a wide range of high quality pulverizer machines to meet many size reduction requirements.
- BICO Laboratory Pulverizer features a compact design for efficiency and long service life. The Pulverizer grinds 1/4in (6.4mm) rocks, ores, and minerals to approximately 75µm (No. 200 sieve size) at 1lb/min. using stationary and revolving grinding plates. The completely enclosed 2hp motor is driven with a double V-belt and has thermal overload protection. Operates on 220V or 440V, 50/60Hz, three phase power supplies.
- Vibrating Cup Pulverizer uses an 8in (203mm) diameter bowl with grinding ring and puck reduce wet or dry 0.5in (12.7mm) rock, ore, minerals, and soil to analytical size. The Pulverizer has a 250ml sample capacity, a 1hp motor, 0-100 minute digital timer, and an emergency stop button. Operates on 208/220/400V, 50/60Hz, three phase power supplies. Single phase is also available.
- Mini-Pulverizer reduces samples of 1/8in (3.2mm) material to a particle size of minus No. 140 (106µm). Unit features 1.625in (41mm) diameter high density alumina ceramic grinding plates and a reverse switch to extend plate life. Adjustable grind from No. 40—No. 140 (425—106µm). The Mini-Pulverizer has a 1/3hp, sealed bearing motor mounted on rubber feet. Operates at 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz.
- Holmes Coal Pulverizers are available in three bench top models to reduce coal and coke from No. 4 to No. 60 sieve size. Available with manual feed or 1/8hp chain-driven auger feed, the Holmes Pulverizers have a processing rate of 0.9lb/min (400g/min) to 1lb/min (450g/min) from 0.5L feed hoppers. Operates on a 1hp, single phase motor with overload protection using 230V/60Hz, single phase power supplies. Inquire for 115V/60Hz.
- Laboratory Disk Mills are Hand-Cranked or Motorized mills used with limited, low-volume dry or wet grinding to achieve moderate fineness. These products are often used for medium hard minerals, ore, dry chemicals, and similar materials.