Crushing is often performed on bulk field samples of harder materials like ores, minerals, and rock. Crushers are often utilized as the first step of sample preparation before mills and pulverizers are used to further reduce particle size.
- Bico Jaw Crushers – BICO Chipmunk and Badger Jaw Crushers are used for primary size reduction of hard rock, ores and minerals. Chipmunk Jaw Crushers have reversible jaw plates for extended plate life, while the Badger model has a higher-crushing capacity. Models have a number of options for electrical configurations.
- Heavy-Duty Morse Jaw Crushers – Available in six models, the Heavy-Duty Morse Jaw Crushers come in three jaw sizes, 4x6, 5x6 and 8x8 and with three different motor capacities respectively, 3hp, 5hp and 10hp. Additionally, these jaw crushers are designed for high throughput and oversize feed.
- Marcy GY-Roll Lab Cone Crusher – Ideal for reducing aggregates and mineral ores, the Marcy GY-Roll 6in or 10in Lab Cone Crushers have 300lb/hr or 600lb/hr throughput capacity. Throughput rate is dependent upon the material crushed; with coarser settings, throughput capacity may be higher.
- Holmes Hammermill Coal Crusher – With 1,000lb/hr or 4,0000lb/hr throughput, 2in or 6in feed size models effectively reduce bulk samples of coal and coke with rotor-swing hammers. Weights stated are approximate.
- Marcy® Double Roll Crusher – Double Roll Crushers are used in intermediate size reduction of medium hard to hard materials such as rock or ore, and can bridge the gap between laboratory and production outputs. Models with 3,000lb/hr or 8,000lb/hr capacity reduce most materials from 0.5in (13mm) feed size to minus No. 10 (2mm).
- Mini-Crusher – A 2x2in (51x51mm) feed opening crushes materials up to 1in (25.4mm) to 1/16in (1.6mm) and finer sizes. A ceramic jaw and cheek set can be ordered to avoid metal contamination, as can a tungsten carbide set for those tougher jobs.
- Portable Crushers – This new line of Hammermill and Jaw Crushers offers rugged construction, portability and versatility of use. All can be equipped with gasoline, diesel or electric power.