The Marshall Test is a popular and proven method to measure the load and flow rate of asphalt specimens, beginning with compaction into molds using manual or automated Marshall Compactors, and conditioned in a Water Bath at the specified temperature.
Flow values are determined with specimens in a Marshall Breaking Head for loading in our quality Marshall Stability Load Frames. Gilson supplies every necessary component for advanced Marshall testing.
For more information on Marshall testing, read our blog Marshall Test Method: Everything You Need To Know.
- Marshall Stability Systems are highly customizable Load Frames outfitted with a wide selection of analog or digital components for measuring, displaying, and recording the load and flow of asphalt specimens.
- Marshall Compactors are used to compact asphalt into molds to prepare specimens for Marshall testing.
- Marshall Compaction Mold Sets & Components are molds, bases, or collars sold individually to expedite sample processing, or to replace existing equipment.
- Circular Paper Discs are made of heavy, tear-resistant paper to prevent material from sticking to the Compactor or Hammer surfaces.
- Sample Ejectors quickly extrude compacted soil or asphalt samples from soil density or Marshall compaction molds.
- Budget Sample Ejector is used for specimen extraction using the loading mechanism of a load frame.
- Water Baths use heated water to condition Marshall Stability specimens prior to loading.
- Indirect Tensile Loading Fixtures determine Lottman or Indirect Tensile values of asphalt mixes and are supplied with a base and top for use in Marshall Stability Load Frames.
- Marshall Breaking Heads have upper and lower segments to fit asphalt specimens for loading in Marshall Stability Load Frames.
- Dial Flow Meters manually measure flow in Marshall Load Frame assemblies.
- Asphalt Tack Bond Shear Strength Apparatus measures the shear strength of the tack coat material between two asphalt layers.
- Semi-Circular Bend Test Fixture determines the toughness and low-temperature fracture energy of asphalt mixtures.
- Sample Preparation Saw is a tile-style saw used in preparing samples for Semi-Circular Bend (SCB) and Disk-Shaped Compact Tension (DCT) Tests.
For more information on Marshall Testing Equipment, here are our related blogs: