Gilson supplies everything you need for testing hot-mix asphalt mix designs, including all of the preparation methods and tests to determine binder content, strength, durability, and physical characteristics.
For more information on Superpave, read our blog What Is Superpave? All You Need To Know.
- Marshall Testing is the most widely used method for measuring the load and flow rate of asphalt specimens. Gilson supplies everything from Marshall Stability Systems, to Compactors, molds, and more.
- Specific Gravity products and equipment comply with required standards and are used with the Rice Test in determining the specific gravity of asphalt and assuring the quality of asphalt mixtures.
- Asphalt Content Furnaces offer an accurate, efficient, and environmentally-friendly way to measure asphalt content in hot-mix asphalt samples.
- Quartermaster Asphalt Sample Divider separates large hot-mix asphalt samples needed in Superpave specifications for quality control analysis.
- Extractors, Filter Paper & Solvents determine asphalt binder content. Extractors are available in Reflux, Centrifuge, and Vacuum models.
- Asphalt Wheel Trackers accurately evaluate rutting, fatigue cracking, and moisture susceptibility for hot and cold asphalt mixes.
- Superpave Heavy-Duty Oven is built to handle the heavy loads and rough use from Superpave gyratory molds and large samples.
- Superpave Gyratory Compactors evaluate asphalt mix design while preparing compacted specimens for further testing.
- Asphalt Mixers are available in portable and industrial-grade laboratory models for thorough sample mixing and blending of materials.
- Draindown Basket used in a simple test to find the level of binder separation during production, transport, and placement of asphalt mixes.
- Hveem Testing Machine accurately displays live load, peak stress, and load rate for Hveem asphalt testing, R-Value testing of soil samples, and recorded flexural testing of concrete beams.
- Specimen Measurement tools include easy-to-use digital calipers and diameter measuring tapes for accurate specimen measurements.