The SG-4 Asphalt Bulk Specific Gravity Device is the quickest and most accurate method for bulk specific gravity determinations of 4in and 6in (102mm and 151mm) asphalt cores and gyratory specimens. The SG-4 uses a computer-controlled system (patent pending) to measure water displacement with superior resolution and accuracy. This enhanced method uses no consumable products, allows the user to perform more than twice as many tests in the same amount of time, and greatly improves repeatability between operators. The recently published AASHTO TP 82 Provisional Specification provides guidance for operation of this unit.
The SG-4 is easy to use and significantly reduces operator error compared to other methods. Simply enter the sample information and weight of the dry asphalt specimen into the proprietary software program (preloaded in the included computer) and lower the sample into the water-filled measuring chamber. The system will accurately measure water displacement with 0.5cc resolution and repeatability of ±1cc. Within seconds, the bulk specific gravity is displayed directly on the computer screen saving time, improving accuracy and eliminating inconsistencies created by the subjective SSD drying process. Test data can be exported to a spreadsheet or printer for documentation.
This unit includes Measuring Chamber, Computer, Specimen Holder and Calibration Specimen.
- Superior speed and accuracy for bulk specific gravity determinations of 4in and 6in samples
- Improved repeatability between operators
- Increased productivity with the ability to perform twice as many tests in the same amount of time
- Streamlined computer-controlled system makes it easy to export test data to a printer or spreadsheet
- Asphalt Bulk Specific Gravity Device
- Measuring Chamber
- Specimen Holder
- Calibration Specimen