Testing characteristics of hydraulic Portland cements and grouts assures predictable performance in final mix batches of concrete and masonry products.
We offer a wide selection of products to test strength, shrinkage rate, consistency and flowability, hydration, set time and other properties of cement and similar materials.
- Cube & Prism Molds a wide selection of Cube and Prism molds for use in specific applications are offered. Models and styles are available to meet most ASTM and AASHTO specifications, as well as internal quality control requirements.
- Grout Sample Box specially designed to form samples, store and ship, the Grout Sample Box is single use, and sets up easily for molding samples for testing.
- Trowels for convenient for mixing/handling of samples and the ASTM Trowel meets standard for proper consolidation and strike off of mortar and grout specimens.
- Grout Prism Capping Stand for compressive strength specimens of masonry grout up to 3.5in (89mm) square. Produces properly-sized vertical caps for accurate test results. Solid steel construction.
- Vicat Apparatus is used to determine consistency and time of set of cement paste and other similar materials, Vicat Apparatus is also available in a modified model for determination of false set.
- Mortar Penetrometers available in a free-standing floor model or hand-held, both styles are ideal for testing prepared mortars and grouts in field and laboratory settings for initial and final set times.
- Gillmore Needle Apparatus determines initial and final set times of certain cements, mortars and hydraulic hydrated lime.
- Length Change Test Apparatus measures length changes of cast prisms that are not related to applied load. Related products include a cement autoclave, length comparator, prism molds, and mortar bar container.
- Flow Tables used for determining flow consistency of mortars, Flow Tables have a 10in rigid cast bronze table and cast iron frame. They are available in both a manual and motorized style.
- Grout Flow Cone Sets measure flowability of hydraulic grout in preplaced aggregate concrete as determined by time of discharge through an orifice. Available in two models – one with a larger orifice for thick grouts.
- Masonry Grout Window permits direct visual confirmation of grout fill in masonry block cells. Design allows easy cleaning out of debris before placement. Masonry Grout Windows are reusable.
- Fineness Test Apparatus meet standards for particle sizing of fine materials such as Portland and other hydraulic cements, fly ash, and other materials that require a constant-pressure water wash in testing.
- ASTM Test Sands for specific test methods are available in a range of compositions and grades, and meet specific ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Laboratory Mortar Mixer two models of industrial-grade Laboratory Mixers – Planetary and Large Planetary – meet ASTM and AASHTO specification requirements for consistent, thorough blending of mortar, cement and other materials.
- Blaine Air Permeability Apparatus used to measure specific surface area and determine air flow rate through fine powder specimens, such as Portland cement, this apparatus meets AASHTO T 153 and ASTM C204 standards.
- Strain Gauge Set mechanically provide precision measurements of structural strain, shrinkage, relative displacement and more. Anodized aluminum frame adjust for measurement points set at 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 in (5, 10, 15, 20 or 25cm for metric). Available in standard, metric and digital models.
- Moist Cabinet cures mortar and concrete test specimens using precision control of the temperature and humidity environment. Data port allows continuous monitoring and data acquisition with user’s PC.
- Stainless Steel Straightedges are for trimming and leveling concrete and soil specimens, Stainless Steel Straightedges meet many ASTM and AASHTO testing standards. Models available with plain finish or with laser-etched graduations.