HM-396 Load Frame, 0.001—0.1in/min, 10,000lbf offers high performance for CBR and LBR testing, as well as soil cement, unconfined compressive strength and triaxial testing when fitted with the required test-specific Component Set. Component Sets are available separately. A jog function increases the speed of platen to the maximum speed of the load frame jack screw (0.1in/min), allowing for faster set-up. It has a strain rate of 0.001—0.1in/min (0.0254—2.54mm/min). Total capacity is 10,000lbf (44.5kN) with a frame opening of 11.9x37.3in (302x947mm).
The Load Frame is equipped with a 1/8hp DC motor with controllers to precisely regulate strain rates to ±1% of set point. Horizontal cross-head heights are quickly changed using adjusting nuts. Coarse-threaded 1.25in (32mm) high-strength vertical rods are plated for corrosion resistance. Platen diameter is 8in (203mm). Components are easily changed to adapt the Load Frame to perform other soil testing applications. The sturdy cabinet has a powder-coated steel finish.
- Performs well for different soil tests using test-specific component sets
- Easily converted to conduct other tests
- 10,000lbf (44.5kN) capacity
- Jog function allows for faster set-up
- Load Frame, 0.001—0.1in/min (115V/50—60Hz or 230V/50—60Hz)
- HMA-94 Rolling Load Frame Cart for portability and correct height positioning of Load Frame
- Load & Displacement Readout Kits to pair with data readout box for producing accurate and simultaneous readings of electronic force and displacement measurement
- Component Sets are test-specific and have components to fit Load Frame for use in different soil tests
- Data Acquisition Software records specimen and real-time test data for a wide range of soil laboratory tests and prepares reports following applicable ASTM and AASHTO requirements.