Unconfined Compression Component Sets are available as analog or digital sets. They contain high-quality instrumentation needed to measure load and displacement values when performing unconfined compression tests on soils in accordance with ASTM D2166 and AASHTO T 208 test methods. The sets easily install on Gilson’s Load Frames and most other manufacturers. Included components can also be purchased separately.
Digital Sets includes a 1,000lbf (4,4kN) Load Cell, two 2.8x0.25in (71.1x6.4mm) Plastic Discs, Linear Variable Displacement Transducer (LVDT) with Bracket, and Two-channel Data Readout. A Data Readout Mounting Bracket is available to position the data readout (purchased separately). Gilson's Data Acquisition Software can be purchased separately to obtain real-time testing data, calculations, and prepares reports in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
Note: The Data Acquisition Software can only be used with digital component sets.
Analog Sets includes two 2.8x0.25in (71x6mm) Plastic Discs, 500lbf (2.2kN) or 1,000lbf (4,4kN) Load Ring, 1x0.001in Mechanical Dial Indicator, and a Dial Indicator/Displacement Transducer Bracket.
- A complete set to outfit a load frame for unconfined compression tests
- Components easily attached to the Load Frame
- Digital Component Set
- 2.8x0.25in Unconfined Plastic Discs
- 2in Linear Variable Displacement Transducer with Bracket
- 1,000lbf Load Cell
- Two-Channel Data Readout (115V/50-60Hz or 230V/50-60Hz)
- Analog Component Set
- 2.8x0.25in Plastic Disc
- 1x0.001in Mechanical Dial Indicator with Bracket
- Load Ring (500lbf or 1,000lbf)