Rock Schmidt Test Hammer measures hardness, strength, and consistency of rock formations for the evaluation of engineering and geological properties. Rebound values assess age and weathering or estimate penetration rates for tunnel boring machines and rotary drum cutters. The Rock Schmidt test hammer meets ASTM D5873 requirements and features intuitive menu-guided operation, electronic data processing, automatic correction for testing positions, and test data storage.
The included RockLink software has functionality for downloading to user’s computer for analysis and reporting and allows the creation of custom correlation curves for unconfined strength. Rock Schmidt test hammers have a memory capacity for up to 400 complete tests. Electronic processing of rebound and impact velocities maximizes accuracy and repeatability. Estimated battery life for 5,000 or more impacts between charges. The HM-82 Rock Schmidt Test Hammer is effective for rock with compressive strengths from 2,900 to 21,750psi (20 to 150mPa) and has an impact energy of 2.207Nm (1.63ft-lbf). See HM-82L for a model with an impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf) for formations less than 4in (100mm) thickness.
Read more about Schmidt Hammers.
- Fast and cost-effective assessment of geological formations
- Enhanced accuracy, repeatability, and ease of use over traditional concrete test hammers
- Type N hammer has an impact energy of 2.207Nm (1.63ft-lbf)
- Unconfined compressive strength estimations from 2,900 to 21,750psi (20 to 150mPa)
- Data allows predictions of penetration rates for tunnel boring operations
- Memory capacity up to 400 test series of 10 impacts each
- USB interface to user’s computer to upload, analyze and report test data
- Rock Schmidt Test Hammer (Type N)
- Carrying bag
- Carborundum stone
- Battery charger with a USB cable
- Rocklink software
- Certificate of conformity