Schmidt Type N Test Hammers provide an impact energy of 1.63ft-lbf (2.207Nm) for non-destructive testing on concrete structures of 4in (100mm) or more in thickness, and a maximum particle size ≤1.25in (32mm). Type N rebound hammers are available in several models designed primarily for concrete testing applications and include a variety of recording and reporting features.
View or download Schmidt Type N Hammers Comparison Chart to compare compressive strength and impact energy.
- Original Schmidt Concrete Test Hammer is a Type N hammer produced by the original manufacturer. This industry-trusted solution has been in use since the 1950’s.
- Original Schmidt Live Concrete Test Hammer is the newest Type N rebound hammer with advanced capabilities for data collection, processing and sharing. Designed to work in conjunction with iOS systems and for real-time web reporting.
- Silver Schmidt ST Concrete Test Hammer is an electronic Type N rebound hammer that uses electronic sensors to measure and report more accurate R values. Data logging capabilities and automatic position correction allow more efficient testing and reporting. A basic version of Hammerlink software enables selection of statistical programs for strength estimates and upgrades to firmware. The Silver Schmidt series tests concrete in the range of 1,450 to 14,500psi (10 to 100 mPa).
- Silver Schmidt PC Concrete Test Hammer is a more advanced Type N Silver Schmidt ST test hammer that includes fully functional Hammerlink software and extended memory capacity. The intuitive software allows the downloading of test hammer strength data to users’ PC and also has the ability to create custom strength correlation curves.
- Rock Schmidt Test Hammer is a version of the Silver Schmidt PC test hammer that has been designed exclusively for geological and geotechnical applications to measure hardness, strength and consistency of rock formations. The Type N model includes RockLink software for analysis and reporting, development of correlation curves and data collection.