Specific Gravity, or relative density of materials, is an important property used in many calculations for mix design, proportioning, bulk density, absorption and void content of aggregates and other construction materials. Gilson’s exclusive Specific Gravity equipment yields accurate, repeatable results and meets ASTM C127/128 specifications.
- Rice Shaker for Specific Gravity & Asphalt Rice Test is a deairing device that offers consistent, automatic agitation of vacuum pycnometers for specific gravity tests of fine aggregates and soils.
- Asphalt Bulk Specific Gravity Device quickly and accurately calculates bulk specific gravity determinations of 4in and 6in gyratory specimens and asphalt cores.
- AutoRiceTM Controller System offers precise regulation of vacuum pressure and time, and monitoring of shaker vibration energy during Rice Testing.
- Vacuum Pumps range from small to heavy-duty models for specific gravity tests.
- Specific Gravity Bench is the best solution for weighing suspended samples in water for specific gravity measurements of aggregates, hardened concrete, bituminous mixtures and many other materials.
- Residual Pressure Manometers come in either a traditional Mercury-based or a mercury-free digital option and provide vacuum level readings.
- Density Weighing Cradles of stainless steel secures solid specimens when weighing and holds standard Vacuum Pycnometer Canisters, or Aggregate Density Baskets.
- EZ Mount Heater/Circulator is portable, compact and has mounting capability to effectively maintain tap water in immersion weighing tanks to the required temperature for specific gravity tests.
- Laboratory Air/Gas Dryer is an in-line device to effectively protect vacuum pumps from moisture when deairing test specimens.
- Indicating Drierite is used in conjunction with the Laboratory Air/Gas Dryer and for other applications to quickly absorb water vapor from air and gases.
- Vibra Pad serves as an agitator and a light-duty shaker for deairing applications.
- Phunque Flask Specific Gravity Set offers a fast, dependable method for specific gravity/absorption values of fine and coarse aggregate.
- Specific Gravity & Absorption of Fine Aggregate set is an all-in-one solution with all the components you need for the test including a pycnometer jar with top, conical mold and tamper.
- Specific Gravity & Absorption of Coarse Aggregate set has a Wire Basket and a Polyethylene Container, all the necessary components to perform the test.
- Vacuum Pycnometers are available in three diverse options for specific gravity determinations including 2,000g and 6,000g Pycnometers, as well as Heavy-Wall Glass Filter Flasks.
- Flasks and Volumeters are available for the specific gravity testing of cement, soils, aggregate, bitumen, pitch and other materials.
- Tubing and Clamps are necessary components in any laboratory environment for connection of vacuum or pressure tubing.