Type L Silver Schmidt OS8200 Concrete Test Hammer is designed for evaluation of green concrete or for cross-sections thinner than 4in (100mm). With an impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf), one-third that of a Type N test hammer, assessment of thin or sensitive concrete elements is more accurate, repeatable, and efficient. The Type L is effective in the same 1,450 to 14,500psi (10 to 100MPa) compressive strength range.
The impact mechanism consists of a lightweight alloy impact plunger and precision optical encoders to measure rebound values. The proprietary system features automatic position correction and is unaffected by internal friction, maximizing the accuracy and repeatability of the Silver Schmidt over traditional concrete test hammers. Rebound numbers for this sophisticated system are expressed as Q values, better suited when testing high-strength concretes.
Data logging capabilities and intuitive menu-guided operation allow more efficient testing and reporting. Memory is available for 20,000 data points in multiple series of 70 impacts each and preset statistical programs further enhance test accuracy. Data management and information sharing features are optimized through the Schmidt Live app, a free download for Apple iOS and Android devices. The iOS version features text-to-speech operation for rapid and efficient test logging.
Connection to a web-based reporting tool via Bluetooth enables real-time sharing of test data. A logbook feature allows GPS positioning, notes, images, and audio comments to be added to the reports. The app also allows for instantaneous report generation in pdf and CSV formats.
The HM-89L can be used in the ASTM test method D5873 for the determination of rock core strengths. The HM-89 features a backlit, 100x100 pixel display, and a rugged, fiber-reinforced shell. Power is supplied by alkaline or rechargeable AAA batteries with an estimated life of 20,000 impacts between charges.
Read more about Schmidt Hammers.
- Impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf) is effective on compressive strengths from 1,450 to 14,500psi (10 to 100MPa)
- Designed to test concrete sensitivity to impact or with thickness less than 4in (100mm)
- Optional Mushroom Plunger accessory tests lower strength or green concretes with strengths from 725 to 4,351psi (5 to 30mPa)
- Much faster measurement and report logging than analog hammers
- Schmidt Live app for iOS or Android reduces errors and increases security
- Memory capacity up to 20,000 measurements in 70 series
- Create custom correlation curves
- Impact results via text-to-speech on Apple iOS devices
- Reports exported in either .pdf or .csv formats
- Silver Schmidt Concrete Test Hammer (Type L)
- Carrying bag
- Carborundum stone
- Micro USB cable
- Rechargeable AAA battery
- Certificate of conformity and conversion curves
- HMA-860 Mushroom Plunger allows measurements on lower strength or green concretes with compressive strengths from 725 to 4,351psi (5 to 30mPa).
- HMA-861 Silver Schmidt Calibration Anvil verifies proper calibration of the Silver and Rock Schmidt Hammers.
- HMA-864 Original Schmidt Calibration Anvil verifies proper calibration of the when used with HMA-863 Calibration Anvil Adapter
- HMA-863 Calibration Anvil Adapter allows the user to adjust the Calibration Anvil to adapt both Type N and Type L Silver Schmidt and Rock Schmidt Test Hammers.