Gilson Spinning Riffler is a rotary sample divider that offers much better accuracy and reliability than traditional riffle splitters for separating dry materials. A built-in vibratory feeder provides a constant flow of material from a stainless steel hopper with 1L capacity. The durable urethane-based resin dividing head sharply separates flowing material into as many as sixteen 60ml glass sample containers.
The innovative riffler features a custom-designed touchscreen controller/display, minimal moving parts, and an outer case designed for easy clean-up and maintenance. The operation is quieter and safer thanks to an isolated motor and vibrator, automatic cog belt-drive system, and sample vessel enclosure. Available sample vials with threaded caps enable freshly divided samples to be sealed and stored immediately with minimal handling and little chance for contamination.
A SPA-260 Standard Test Tube or Vials contained within the drum during operation minimize exposure of moving parts and contain spillage. Rotation speed is continuously variable between 0—20rpm and the vibration amplitude of the feeder is variable as well. All adjustments are controlled and displayed on the touch screen. The unique, digitally controlled stepper motor turns a toothed belt and cogged drive wheel. Speed control is very accurate, with no slippage under typical loads.
A separate motor operates the vibratory feeder at 60Hz frequency and digitally controlled variable amplitude. A “sleep” mode conserves power when the unit is not operating. The main power supply voltage automatically sensed, allowing for any AC input from 90—277V, and 47—63Hz single phase.
- Isolated motor and vibrator promote safe, quiet operation
- Touch screen controller displays rotation speed and vibration level for optimal control
- Optional Threaded Vials make capping of sample quick and easy with minimal handling required
- Spinning Riffler
- Power cord for standard North-American outlet configurations
- Sixteen-port Dividing Head
- Sixteen Standard Test Tube Sample Vessels
- Enclosed Sample Drum with stainless steel plate holds sample vessels