Original Schmidt Type L Concrete Test Hammer is suitable for concrete testing in the same compressive strength range as the “standard” Type N model. However, the Type L model has lower impact energy to improve the repeatability of rebound values on cross-sections thinner than 4in (100mm). This minimizes surface blemishes and damage to brittle mixes.
The Type L test hammer is often preferred for testing precast concrete pipe sections and judging the strength suitability of cast-in-place concrete for form removal. Like Type N, Type L is a proven, efficient tool for the rapid assessment of concrete conditions, relative strength, and homogeneity.
Accuracy can be further improved with correlation testing on compressive strength samples of identical mix designs. The HM-75L can be used in the ASTM test method D5873 for the determination of rock core strengths.
- Proven quality and reliability from the original manufacturer
- Fast and cost-effective condition assessment of concrete structures and elements
- Improved repeatability for thicknesses of 4in (100mm) or less
- Impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf)
- Effective on concrete with compressive strengths from 1,450 to 10,152psi (10 to 70mPa)
- Original Schmidt Type L Concrete Test Hammer
- Plastic carrying case
- Carborundum stone
- Reference chart
- Certificate of conformity