Gilson Testing Screens are ideal for particle size determinations on large samples of aggregate, slag, ores, and other coarse materials. Batch sizes up to one cubic foot (0.028m³) or more can be processed into six fractions in as little as three to five minutes, depending on material type. Vibration and amplitude characteristics are fixed at optimum for mineral aggregates in the 4in (101mm) to No. 4 (4.75mm) size range, but options and accessories are available for testing finer samples or special materials.
Both Testing Screen models have the same performance characteristics and differ only in the clamping mechanism securing the screen trays during operation. The drive mechanism is completely enclosed for added safety and the powerful 1/2hp capacitor-type motor is operated with a starting switch with built in overload protection. Independently removable Screen Trays and Dustpans are purchased separately and shared by both Testing Screen and Test-Master® models. The Trays have replaceable Screen Cloth and are available in a wide range of opening sizes with ASTM E11 and ISO 565 specification cloth or punched steel plate. Gilson Testing Screens are designed to be mounted to a solid, rigid floor system. Securing with anchor bolts to a concrete floor is recommended.
TS-1 Gilson Testing Screens use a quick-acting hydraulic pump system to clamp the screen trays in place. Trays are quickly released using the same handle. A total of six tray slots hold five Screen Trays plus a dust pan. This efficient model is recommended for labs with a steady workload of particle size testing.
TS-2 Gilson Testing Screens secure the screen trays with manually operated screw-type clamping handles. This model is cost-effective but slightly more labor-intensive for continuous use. A total of six tray slots hold five Screen Trays plus a Dust Pan. TSA-155 or TSA-159 Hydraulic Clamping Conversion Kits are available to convert existing TS-2 models to hydraulic clamping TS-1 units.
TS-3 Gilson Testing Screens are our newest models and feature an additional tray slot for samples requiring additional fractions. Hydraulic clamping system is the same as TS-1 with a reinforced top frame for the increased screen tray loads. Seven tray slots hold six Screen Trays plus a Dust Pan.
- Rapid particle size determinations for materials from 4in (101mm) to No. 4 (4.75mm)
- Enclosed drive mechanism promotes safety during operation
- Processes large samples up to 1ft³ (0.028m³)
- Gilson Testing Screen w/ Manual or Hydraulic Clamping (115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- Screen Trays with ASTM or ISO wire Cloth or Punched Plate openings are available in a range of opening sizes and specifications
- TSA-112 Standard Dustpan for fines collection and handling during separation of aggregates and other materials
- TSA-112S 4in Deep Dustpan offers additional capacity for high fines fraction samples
- TSA-114 3in Deep Dustpan fits both Testing Screen or Test-Master® Screening machines for collecting and handling fines
- TSA-117 Inclined Chute Pan allows for continuous release of fines into an external pan or bag
- Door Enclosures are a lightweight panel minimizing dust and noise, and is easily removable.
- TSA-156 Screen Tray Storage Rack provides storage of up to seven screen trays,fits on top or below most bench tops
- TSA-167 Clean-N-Weigh Accessory offers fast and efficient collection of size fractions from Testing Screen or Porta-Screen trays, and speedy clean-up
- TSA-180 Sound Enclosure is a sturdy enclosure cabinet that reduces noise during operations of testing screens; can be used with other laboratory equipment
- TSA-155 Hydraulic Clamping Conversion Kit for Serial Numbers 13825 or lower; kit converts threaded manual clamping of TS-2 to faster hydraulic system of TS-1, reducing time of test cycles, or
TSA-159 Hydraulic Clamping Conversion Kit for Serial Numbers 13826 or higher; kit converts threaded manual clamping of TS-2 to faster hydraulic system of TS-1, reducing time of test cycles
- TSA-169R Digital Lab Timer for controlling up to 1hp single phase motors or 20amp loads. Operates in four different timing modes
- TSA-154R Speed Variation Accessory allows precise control of vibration speed for reliable separation of materials
- TSA-200 and TSA-201 Low-Amplitude Drive Shaft for Testing Screen or Test-Master® models is factory installed and used in conjunction with the Speed Variation Accessory for fragile or sensitive materials