Vacuum Degassing Ovens (VDO) remove entrapped air bubbles from asphalt specimens after aging in a Pressure Aging Vessel. The VDO by ATS is a completely automated benchtop degassing oven with a self-contained vacuum system to rapidly evacuate the chamber to the required 15 ±1.0kPa (25.5Hg).
The units feature a controller that programs vacuum time, temperature, and soak time values. Temperatures in the VDO vacuum chamber are measured by a platinum RTD probe with a range from ambient to 392°F (200°C) with accuracy to ±0.2°F (±0.1°C). Soak time and degas times are both programmable for up to 4,320 minutes.
The rugged stainless steel cabinet, chamber, and cover are easy to maintain, and the removable cover features a heat-resistant glass viewing window for monitoring during the vacuum degassing process. The chamber holds eight 4oz (118ml) or four 8oz (236ml) sample containers. Units include four 236mL (8oz) sample containers and a specimen removal tool for easy loading and unloading of samples.
Digital Controller models have a basic digital controller with a simple push of a button that will initiate preheating and run the degassing phase. Indicator lights alert the user when the unit reaches the preset temperature and vacuum. Audible and visual alarms alert the user at the end of each process.
Touchscreen Controller models are network-ready and feature a large 7in (178mm) touchscreen with easy menu-driven operation in multiple language options. The controller display indicates time, temperature, and current process stage, with alerts at the end of each test. When connected to a network with an Ethernet cable, the VDO Touch can be operated remotely via smartphones, tablets, or PCs. USB Ports allow easy software upgrades.
- Automated tabletop degassing oven for rapid removal of entrapped air bubbles in asphalt specimens
- The network-ready Touchscreen controller models make it easy to input vacuum, temperature, and soak time values
- Temperatures in the vacuum chamber measured by platinum RTD probe, accurate to ±0.2°F (0.1°C)
- Capacity for eight 4oz (118ml) or four 8oz (236ml) sample containers
- ATS Vacuum Degassing Oven (Digital or Touchscreen Controller)
- (4) 236ml (8oz) Sample Tins
- Specimen Removal Tool