Pressure Aging Vessel (PAV) uses heated, pressurized air to simulate long-term oxidative aging of asphalt binders. PAV's consist of an ASME-code and CE certified stainless steel pressure vessel, powder-coated, stainless steel cabinet with encased band heaters, and integral pressure measurement control.
The new PAV4 features a recovery time of less than 20min, meets ASTM, AASHTO, and EN 14769 requirements, and includes a platinum RTD device to ensure accurate temperature resolution and uniformity. A pressure relief valve and high-temperature thermal shut-down are included as standard safety features.
A USB port located on the front of the unit allows the user to easily store test data and upgrade software if necessary. The HM-74 ATS Pressure Aging Vessel (PAV4) uses an industrial-grade touchscreen controller for complete control and monitoring of all test processes. The system has an operating pressure of 2.1mPa (304psi) and a temperature range programmable from 50°—150°C, with a resolution of 0.1°C. This easy-to-use system completes a test in three easy steps: press the heat button, insert specimens when prompted, and press the age button.
The stainless steel cabinet measures 28x18x30in (710x460x760mm), WxDxH. The ATS PAV includes a set of ten stainless steel Specimen Pans, an anodized aluminum sample holder with a lifting handle, and a Specimen Handling Tool. The included MOA-2 Stainless Steel Specimen TFOT Pans are the type formerly used in the Thin Film Oven Test (TFOT) procedure. Additional TFOT Pans can be ordered as single units or complete sets of 10 as required. Bottled compressed air with a pressure of at least 340psi (2.34mPa) is required. Model is supplied with a regulator and NIST Traceable Certificate; compressed air is user-supplied.
For more information regarding the test, read our blog Asphalt Oxidation: Advantages of Pressure Aging Vessel Test.
- Touch screen technology to simulate long-term oxidative aging of asphalt binder
- Straightforward oxidative aging test in three easy steps; minimal training required
- Web-based remote control via a mobile device
- Compliant with ASTM, AASHTO, and BS EN 14769 requirements
- Accurate temperature uniformity with a platinum resistance temperature detector
- Advanced safety features including pressure relief valve and thermal shut-down mode
- Pressure Aging Vessel
- NIST Traceable Certificate
- Industrial Strength Sample Holder
- 10 Stainless Steel TFOT Specimen Pans
- Specimen Handling Tool