Gilson Aggregate Washers or "Agg Washers" assist in separating No.200 (75µm) and smaller fines from soil and aggregate samples. Its consistent rotating motion helps eliminate inconsistencies in the washing process and is less costly than laborious manual methods.
Water is continuously fed into the revolving, inclined stainless steel drum via a permanent regulated connection, and the sample is gently agitated until overflow is clear. Overflow water is directed onto sieves to prevent the loss of oversize material.
Models are equipped with completely enclosed gear motors for drum rotation and 6ft (1.8m) power cords with GFCI plugs. The fixed-angle removable drum can be used as a weighing container. The Gooseneck water tube swivels aside to allow drum removal. Both models are portable and convenient for placement on a countertop adjacent to a sink.
HM-57R Aggregate Washer allows the processing of large aggregate samples up to 15lb (7kg). The stainless steel drum is 12x11in (304.8x279.4mm), IDxH. Extra drums can be ordered as HMA-261 to improve sample processing efficiency.
HM-52 Aggregate Washer is useful for washing geotechnical or small aggregate samples of up to 8lb (3.6kg). Order extra drums as HMA-260 to improve sample processing efficiency. The stainless steel drum is 9x11in (228.6x279.4mm), IDxH.
Other recommended accessories include: HMA-262 Vacuum Lid, purchased separately, fits 1/4in Vinyl Tubing, and allows the wash drum to function both as a deairing device and vacuum pycnometer for asphalt rice test or other specific gravity specimens. The unique action of the rotating drum allows the sample to tumble underwater during the vacuum process, removing entrapped air. The lid is made from clear acrylic and fitted with a rotating vacuum seal, a port for connection to a vacuum source, and locking tabs.
When determining an amount of material finer than a No. 200 (75μm) sieve by washing, the following mechanical Aggregate Washer accessories are recommended: 8in (203mm) and 12in (305mm) wet-wash sieves, 8in (203mm) and 12in (305mm) brass sieve pan with drains. 3/8in Vinyl tubing and hose clamps can be used to connect the pan to the drain if desired. Select sieves with appropriate opening sizes from our extensive line of Wet-Wash Sieves.
- Assists in washing soils and aggregate samples to remove fines
- Designed for fines content determination or preparation of samples for sieving
- Eliminates high cost and time required for manual methods
- Prevents loss of oversize material in decanted wash water
- Totally enclosed gear motor for drum rotation
- Mechanical Aggregate Washer, Large or Small (115V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz)
- Self-piercing saddle valve
- 6ft power cord with GFCI plug
- 1/4in ID clear vinyl tubing (15ft)
- Wet-Wash Sieves include a variety of ASTM E11, Replaceable Mesh, and Elutriation wet sieving test sieves
- Additional Wash Drums offer additional efficiency in sample processing
- 8in Sieve Pans with Drain for collecting overflow water during agitation to prevent loss of oversize material
- 12in Sieve Pans with Drain used during agitation and overflow to collect oversize materials
- Clear Vinyl Tubing is used to connect the sieve pan to the drain during the collection
- MA-198 Hose Clamp attaches to tubing and can be adjusted to regulate the flow
- HMA-262 Vacuum Lid used with small wash drum to function as deairing device or vacuum pycnometer with asphalt rice test