Gilson’s two Aggregate Washer models automatically wash soil and aggregate samples by removing fines passing through the No.200 sieve, eliminating inconsistencies and the high cost of manual methods.
Water is continuously fed into the revolving, inclined stainless steel drum via a permanent regulated connection, and the sample is gently agitated until overflow is clear. Overflow water is directed onto sieves to prevent loss of oversize material.
Models are equipped with completely enclosed gear motors for drum rotation and 6ft (1.8M) power cords with GFCI plugs. The fixed-angle removable drum can be used as a weighing container. Gooseneck water tube swivels aside to allow drum removal. Both models are portable and convenient for placement on a counter top adjacent to a sink.
HM-57R Large Automatic Aggregate Washer allows processing of large aggregate samples up to 15lb (7kg). Stainless steel drum is 11in diameter x 13in high (279x330mm). Extra drums can be ordered as HMA-261 to improve sample processing efficiency.
HM-52 Small Automatic Aggregate Washer is useful for washing geotechnical or small aggregate samples of up to 6—8lb (2.7—3.6kg). Order extra drums as HMA-260 to improve sample processing efficiency. Stainless steel drum is 9in diameter x 10.75in high (229x273mm).
Other recommended accessories include: HMA-262 Vacuum Lid, purchased separately, fits 1/4in Vinyl Tubing and allows the wash drum to function both as a deairing device and vacuum pycnometer for asphalt rice test or other specific gravity specimens. The unique action of the rotating drum allows the sample to tumble under water during the vacuum process, removing entrapped air. The lid is made from clear acrylic and fitted with a rotating vacuum seal, a port for connection to a vacuum source, and locking tabs.
When determining an amount of material finer than a No. 200 (75μm) sieve by washing, the following Automatic Aggregate Washer accessories are recommended: 8in (203mm) and 12in (305mm) wet-wash sieves (Select from table below), 8in (203mm) and 12in (305mm) brass sieve pans with drains. 3/8in Vinyl tubing and hose clamps can be used to connect pan to drain, if desired. Select sieves with appropriate opening sizes from our extensive line of Wet-Wash Sieves.
- Automatically washes soils and aggregate samples to remove fines
- Designed for fines content determination or preparation of samples for sieving
- Eliminates high cost and time required for manual methods
- Prevents loss of oversize material in decanted wash water
- Totally enclosed gear motor for drum rotation
- Automatic Aggregate Washer, Large or Small (120V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz)
- Self-piercing saddle valve
- 6ft power cord with GFCI plug
- 1/4in ID clear vinyl tubing (15ft)
- Additional Wash Drums offers additional efficiency in sample processing
- 8in Sieve Pans with Drain for collecting overflow water during agitation to prevent loss of oversize material
- 12in Sieve Pans with Drain used during agitation and overflow to collect oversize materials
- Clear Vinyl Tubing used to connect sieve pan to drain during collection
- MA-198 Hose Clamp attaches to tubing and can be adjusted to regulate flow
- HMA-262 Vacuum Lid used with small wash drum to function as deairing device or vacuum pycnometer with asphalt rice test