Asphalt binder testing is a key step to ensure proper mix design and hot mix asphalt production. Gilson has everything you need to perform design and QC/QA tests for viscosity, short and long-term aging of binder, shear and flexural strength and much more!
Our versatile line includes advanced equipment that will allow remote, web-based monitoring and control from anywhere in the world.
- Rolling Thin Film Ovens feature model options with advanced or basic controls to effectively measure the short-term aging effects of heat and air on asphalt binder.
- Dynamic Shear Rheometers (DSRs) provide accuracy in predicting performance of asphalt in testing under varying load and environmental conditions. Models available that offer solid performance in asphalt production facilities as well as in advanced lab and research facilities.
- Viscosity Testing products are used when evaluating basic binder properties.
- ATS Bending Beam Rheometers are innovative units that accurately predict low-temperature thermal cracking of asphalt pavements by determining flexural creep stiffness of asphalt binder.
- ATS Pressure Aging Vessel is a state-of-the-art, stainless steel-constructed model that simulates long-term oxidative aging of asphalt binder.
- ATS Vacuum Degassing Oven is an easy-to-operate touch-screen unit for degassing pressure aged binder samples to meet ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- AMETEK Brookfield Rotational Viscometer/Rheometers offer rapid, reproducible, high-temperature viscosity measurements aligned to the AASHTO T 201 glass capillary method for estimating mixing and compaction temperatures in hot-mix design.
- Universal Penetrometers are direct-reading precision instruments for bituminous materials. They can also be used to test waxes, greases, foods, and pharmaceuticals.
- Flash Point Testers determine flash and fire points of flammable liquids.
- Softening Point Ring and Ball Apparatus is a traditional method to measure the softening point of asphalt, coal tar pitch and other viscoelastic bitumen.
- Melting Pots make it easy to dispense asphalt binder for laboratory and mix design testing.
- Temperature-Controlled Ductility Tester measures elongation of binder specimens before failure. A heating and cooling circulator assures complete temperature control.
- Pyrolytic Oven provides a safe automated method for solvent-free cleaning of lab equipment and glassware to remove asphalt and other organic residues.