Triaxial testing of soils provides valuable soil strength and shear information for safe and effective design and construction of embankments and foundation systems. Build the optimum system for your application by selecting from Gilson’s Load Frames manufactured by Karol-Warner, Master and Auxiliary Control Panels, quality Test Cells, and test accessories.
Technicians prepare and mount undisturbed or remolded specimens in a test cell pressurized with water to create a confining pressure around the specimen. The test cell is placed in a Load Frame to gather information about shear resistance, strength, and cohesion, and to predict slope stability and structural foundation behavior. Tests can be conducted with specimens in unconsolidated-undrained conditions using ASTM D2850 methods, consolidated-undrained in accordance with ASTM D4767, or consolidated-drained conditions meeting ASTM D7181.
Click here for Triaxial/Permeability typical setup.
- Triaxial Cells are used with Load Frames and can be adapted to other soil testing equipment.
- Triaxial Cell Accessories are designed for use with Load Frames and Control Panels and are available individually or as part of a complete set of products used in triaxial testing.
- Triaxial Control Panels regulate and monitor air and fluid pressures in the Test Cells through a system of burettes, valves, and regulators, and can also be used for hydraulic conductivity/flexible wall permeability testing of soils. Master or Auxiliary Control Panels offer greater flexibility to set up your system.
- Triaxial Load Frames are used for loading specimens for triaxial testing and meet ASTM standards.
- Load & Displacement Measurement products are available in either digital or analog options, and measure load and sample displacement during triaxial soil testing in accordance with ASTM D2850, D4767, and AASHTO T 297.
- Triaxial Data Acquisition Software works with the Load and Displacement Kit to record specimens and real-time test data, calculate results, then prepare reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- Sample Preparation products include the items needed to prepare soil samples for triaxial testing.
For more information on Triaxial Shear Testing, here are our related blogs: