Gilson’s line of sample preparation products for soil specimens includes all the tools needed for trimming, molding and extracting soil specimens for triaxial, permeability, shear and consolidation testing.
- Adjustable Soil Trimmers are available in 3 and 4in diameter capacities. Ease of adjustment allows for precisely trimming cylindrical soil samples to any diameter between 1 and 3in or 4in (25.4 to 76 or 101.6mm).
- Open-End Wire Saw can be used with a Soil Trimmer, Miter Box, or independently for precision trimming of the soil sample to the specific diameter or length.
- Hydraulic Sample Extruder can apply up to 5,600lbf (24.9kN) of force to eject the most stubborn samples from thin-walled Shelby Tubes for Consolidation, Triaxial, Direct Shear and other tests.
- Two-Part Miter Boxes guide trimming of soil specimens for testing in different applications, and are available for sample diameters from 1.4 to 6.0 in (36 to 152mm).
- Two-Part Compaction Mold Assemblies are available for cohesive soils with sample diameters from 1.4 to 6.0 in (36 to 152mm) and used to compact soil specimens in preparation for triaxial or flex-wall permeability testing.
- Two-Part Vacuum Split Molds are available for granular soils with sample diameters from 1.4 to 6.0 in (36 to 152mm) and require a vacuum source for positioning of Latex Membranes during the molding procedure.