Karol-Warner Pneumatic Consolidation Frames are accurate and reliable loading mechanisms for soils consolidation testing. Available in three different load capacities, all use the unique Conbel® loading system to rapidly apply and maintain both high and low precision loads pneumatically. These reliable models have a small footprint to save valuable bench space.
These devices display applied loads through digital displays and use precision pressure regulators and pressure transducers with a linearity of ±0.1%. The 1in (25.4mm) thick aluminum platforms have adjustable centering pads and accept any consolidation ring up to 7.25in (184mm) diameter. Stainless steel vertical rods support the cross-head and dial gauge. One HMA-81 Loading Ball is included with each Load Frame; replacement loading balls are ordered separately. Fifteen feet of air supply tubing to hook up the compressed air line is also included. Sturdy, enamel-coated steel cabinets protect the unit.
A fixed or floating ring consolidometer, and a dial indicator is required for use with each consolidation frame, and are sold separately.
HM-356 Pneumatic Consolidation Load Frame has a load capacity to 16tsf (1,532kPa) and requires a minimum of 62psi (4.8bar) of compressed air.
HM-354 model has a load capacity to 32tsf (3,064.3kPa), requires a minimum of 123psi (8.5bar) of compressed air.
HM-355 load capacity is 64tsf (6,128.7kPa) and requires a minimum of 188psi (13bar) of compressed air.
- Rapid, accurate application and maintenance of pneumatic loads for precision consolidation testing
- Dead-weight mechanism allows application of small confining loads
- Small footprint saves bench space
- Pneumatic Consolidation Load Frame (16, 32 or 64tsf)
- Loading Ball
- 15ft air supply tubing
- HMA-608 Consolidation Data Acquisition Software can be used when the Consolidation Load Frame is equipped with either a Displacement Transducer or Digital Dial Indicator. This unique software records specimen and real-time test data then calculates results and prepares reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- HMA-81 Loading Ball comes with the system and helps assure loading is accurate; replacement loading balls are sold separately
- MA-333 Mechanical Dial Indicator (0.5 x 0.0001in) to ensure proper loading; a dial indicator is required for use and either a mechanical or digital model must be selected
- MA-363 Digital Dial Indicator - 0.6 x 0.0001in (Range x Resolution)
- Digital Readouts in two or four-channel models for instant, accurate readings
- Linear Variable Displacement Transducers for precise measurement of displacement or movement of soils during testing
- Calibration Discs for use in Consolidometer instead of a soil sample to verify performance and accuracy
- Porous Stones placed at either end of soil specimen to enable easy flow of fluids in testing
- Cutting Sample Rings hold sample for trimming in consolidometer during testing
- Fixed or Floating Ring Consolidometers required for testing with Load Frames; one type must be selected