Soil Consolidation Test Equipment
One-dimensional consolidation test of soils also referred to as the oedometer test, provides information for calculating expected soil settlement of structures and pavements.
- Consolidation Load Frames are available in Pneumatic or Dead Weight Load Frame models offer solid loading performance and functionality in compact benchtop units. Pneumatic systems are available in three different load capacities.
- Consolidometers in fixed-ring or floating-ring models are required for testing soil samples with a Consolidation Apparatus. Designed for Karol-Warner and other manufacturer’s models.
- Consolidometer Accessories include porous stones, calibration discs, cutting sample rings and Grade 55 filter paper, and are compatible for use in testing soil consolidation.
- Consolidation Data Acquisition Software can be used when the Consolidation Load Frame is equipped with either a Displacement Transducer or Digital Dial Indicator. This unique software records specimen and real-time test data then calculates results and prepares reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- Basic Swell Consolidometers determine swell and expansion potential of a soil specimens, and operate independently, without use of a loading frame.
- Expansion Index Consolidometer is used in determining swell potential of a soil specimen with the ASTM D4829 test method.
- Back Pressure Consolidometer can measure pore pressure and allows back pressure saturation of a soil sample during consolidation.