Cracks in concrete structures, roads, buildings or bridges can signal underlying problems and should be monitored to avoid serious functionality or stability issues. Measuring and monitoring crack width in concrete and masonry elements is simple and reliable with Gilson Concrete Crack Monitors. Our selection of monitoring and recording devices offers a range of configurations for the precise measurement of vertical and horizontal cracking.
Models: HM-644, HM-645, HM-646
The process is easy and quick. Simply attach the crack monitor to a flat surface by mounting it over the crack with screws, adhesive or epoxy. Opening, closing and differential crack movement can be continuously monitored and recorded. Other essentials available include an adapter, width gauge, stainless steel discs, digital calipers, and complete kits.
The Gilson Crack Monitoring Record Sheet is a helpful tool to use to monitor movement in crack width over time. Click here to download it.
- Economy Crack Comparator is a convenient, easy-to-use device similar in size to a credit card. It is a good field reference for monitoring cracks that range in size from 0.1 to 7.0mm.
- Standard Crack Monitor has a range of 20mm horizontally and 10mm vertically. The upper plate is transparent and marked with a red crosshair indicator.
- Crack Monitor Plus is made of clear, weather resistant polycarbonate, and has adjustable screw slots for secure placement. Range is 25mm horizontally and 10mm vertically.
- Corner Adapter can be used in corners from 70° to 180° with the standard or plus monitor.
- Crack Width Gauge is used in surveying and reporting on damaged buildings. This durable unit provides on-the-spot measurements of cracks up to 7mm. It works well in corners and awkward areas.
- Displacement Monitor is made of plastic and has easy to read divisions. This device measures differential movement, as well as opening and closing of the crack.
- Crack Monitor Kits include the products needed to implement an effective crack measurement program. Select from a basic, digital essentials or digital professional kit.
- Scratch-A-Track Motion Monitor is lightweight, small and weather-resistant. It tracks change in relative positioning through a continuous graphic record.
- Stainless Steel Crack Monitor Discs are used with a Digital Caliper to accurately measure a crack from either side.