Temperature measuring technology ranges from the use of simple, but accurate, indicating fluids to the sophisticated electronic measurement of electrical resistance with digital displays and advanced memory and analysis features. As awareness of the difficulty of using traditional mercury instruments increases, better and more responsive non-toxic compounds have become more popular. Gilson continually reviews current technology and works to maintain a wide selection of instruments that will be most useful for your unique application.Read More...
- Pocket Thermometers are designed for portability and offer accurate, on-the-spot measurements in the field or lab. They range from bi-metal to liquid-in-glass to digital.
- Digital Thermometers use electrical resistance measurements for fast and easy use. LCD displays are clear and easy to read, and accuracy is enhanced by finer divisions. These models often feature memory or hold functions and may have detachable probes for remote use.
- ASTM Thermometers have specific characteristics for applications noted in ASTM or other test methods. These glass thermometers with indicating fluid are produced following strict manufacturing tolerances, and each production run is tested for accuracy and conformance.
- Dial Thermometers are bi-metal or digital thermometers to measure temperatures in ovens, solutions, or samples.
- Thermocouple Probes and Accessories include probes, wires, and connectors which provide additional flexibility when taking temperature measurements using digital thermometers. A Thermometer Rack and Well are also available to protect thermometers from breakage with safe storage options or support in ovens or freezers.
- General Lab Thermometers are liquid-in-glass and filled with either mercury or an environmentally safe fluid, designed for partial or total immersion. They can be used for many general applications in the lab.
- Infrared Thermometers enable temperature determinations from a distance with no need for direct contact, using a detector that processes infrared energy.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras detect and display exact temperature, thermal gradients, heat patterns, and other values in a range of paving and construction applications. The handheld devices highlight data, key details, and problem areas on display screens. Available in varying temperature ranges.
- Max/Min Registering Thermometers show maximum and minimum temperatures in °F and °C since the last reset, as well as the current temperature. Models are available with spirit-type indicating fluid or mercury-filled, digital, or data logging capabilities.
For more information on Field/Lab Thermometers, here are our related blogs: