Gilson offers a complete line of individual products and equipment sets needed to perform the Florida FM-5-515 Limerock Bearing Ratio (LBR) test. Many of these products share the same requirements as the California Bearing Ratio (CBR) test.
Our line of LBR testing products used for preparing Limerock Bearing Ratio samples complies with Florida FM 5-515 standard for evaluating base and subgrade materials.
- Gilson Load Frames are available in 10,000 and 20,000lbf in varying strain rates. The frames can be adapted with available sets and components to run a variety of laboratory soil tests.
- LBR Load & Displacement Measurement measures loads and displacement when conducting CBR or LBR tests. Many are available together in comprehensive sets, and all are available as individual items.
- LBR Test Set consists of the Molds, Surcharge Masses, Swell Plates, and Filters necessary for preparing up to four Limerock Bearing Ratio samples.
- CBR/LBR Data Acquisition Software works with the HMA-685D CBR/LBR Digital Component Set to record specimen information and display real-time test data, calculate results, then prepare reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements.
- LBR Mold Set Components include the mold, base, and collar all sold separately for replacement or additional preparation of specimens for 6x6in (152mmx152mm) soil specimens.
- LBR Components include the LBR mold assemblies and other individual items for conducting the LBR test.
- Surcharge Weights are available in annular or slotted versions and are used to apply surcharge loads during testing.
- LBR Spacer Disc fits in the bottom of CBR Molds and serves as a false bottom during sample molding.
- LBR Swell Plate used in testing to measure swell.
- Penetration Pistons are used for LBR testing by measuring the piston load and comparing it to the depth of penetration.
- CBR Filters are filter papers placed between soil and spacer disc during the test and on top of the soil surface after compaction.
- CBR/LBR Soaking Tank is a heavy-duty container used for the soaking process of two maximum CBR or LBR molds.
- CBR/LBR Mold Support Rack is used to hold a CBR or LBR mold and test components while soaking in the Soaking Tank.