Gilson’s Load Frames are manufactured by Karol-Warner and offer solid performance in Limerock Bearing Ratio tests in accordance with Florida FM-5-515, and other testing applications. Five models are available in strain rates that range from 0.001— 0.1in/min to 0.02 — 2.0in/min.
Click the Load Frame Comparison Table above to enlarge, print, or download. The table indicates force capacity and strain rate for common geotechnical testing applications.
Models have a capacity of 10,000 or 20,000lbf (44.5 and 89kN) with 11.9x37.3in (302x947mm) WxH frame openings. Platen diameter is 8in (203mm). Units run on 3/4hp DC motors and controllers regulate strain rates to ±1% of set point. Sturdy, 14-gauge painted steel enclosures have adjusting nuts on the 1.25in (32mm) coarse-threaded rods to quickly adjust the horizontal cross-head height.
- Load Frame, 0.001—0.1in/min, 10,000lbf a high-speed platen advance rapidly positions the platen for faster set-up.
- Load Frame, 0.0001—0.3in/min, 10,000lbf the micro-stepping drive controller allows more precise control of loading rates.
- Load Frame, 0.00001—0.29999in/min, 10,000lbf features a precision strain rate allowing for testing of sensitive soils. The micro-stepping motor and drive controller precisely control load rates.
- Load Frame, 0.00001—0.29999in/min, 20,000lbf features an enhanced strain rate for sensitivity. The best choice when testing ASTM D4767 consolidatied/undrained triaxial tests.
- Load Frame, 0.02-2.0in/min, 10,000lbf allows use for a wider range of test methods. Digital and analog components and sets that attach to the Load Frame are available for Unconfined Compression, CBR, Soil Cement and Triaxial testing.