MA-26X Gilson Aqua-Check Moisture Tester is made in the USA and offers an affordable choice for rapid, accurate, and reliable moisture tests on sand, aggregates, ores, coal, soils, and other materials with a particle size up to 20mm. Samples can be quickly tested on-site, eliminating delay and risk of moisture loss during transport. Portable units are easy to use and meet ASTM, AASHTO, and Florida DOT standards.
A pre-weighed 20g sample is placed in the test chamber, along with a measured quantity of calcium carbide reagent. When the cell is sealed and agitated for one to three minutes, free moisture in the test sample reacts with the reagent to produce acetylene gas. The integral pressure gauge registers 0—20% moisture by weight in 0.2% graduations. Moisture range can be doubled by halving the pre-weighed sample weight.
The Aqua-Check has a rugged, die-cast aluminum body with a tough, wear-resistant coating and includes a 0—20% pressure gauge, with a certificate of calibration. Models are also supplied with an electronic digital balance, two 1.25in (32mm) dia. steel pulverizing balls, reagent measuring scoop, brush, and instructions in a heavy-duty, waterproof plastic case.
The high-quality pressure gauge and all accessories are compatible with both Aqua-Check and Speedy 2000 Moisture Testers. MAA-45 Aqua-Check Pressure Gauge includes a certificate of calibration. Recalibration service is available as MAA-53. Contact us for assistance.
- The affordable, accurate choice for rapid moisture tests on sand, aggregates, ores, coal, soils, and materials up to 20mm
- Tests are complete in minutes; no delays waiting for results
- No moisture loss during transport
- ASTM, AASHTO, and Florida DOT-compliant
- Parts and accessories are compatible with Speedy 2000 Moisture Testers
- Gilson Aqua-Check Moisture Tester
- 0—20 x 0.2% pressure gauge
- Certificate of calibration
- Electronic digital balance
- Two 1.25in (35mm) dia. steel pulverizing balls
- Reagent measuring scoop, brush, and instructions
- Heavy-duty waterproof plastic case