Direct/Residual Shear Data Acquisition Software automatically records data during consolidation and shear phases of direct and residual shear testing. This intuitive software utilizes clear data entry fields and testing prompts to reduce user error and increase repeatability.
Direct/Residual Shear Software runs on computers with Windows XP or newer operating systems and is designed for convenient use on tablets and laptops with touchscreen control. Large popup keyboards can be enabled for touchscreen computers or disabled when a PC with a mouse and keyboard is used. Testing agency information, company logo, and equipment information can also be entered into the program settings to be included in final testing reports.
Real-time calculations are performed throughout the test procedure and saved automatically at test completion in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO specifications. In addition, a friction angle tool allows quick determinations of both the friction angle (ϕ) and cohesion intercept (c). The testing agency information, sample data, final test results, and corresponding graphs are included in the final testing report. Test data and sample information can also be exported to a spreadsheet application or converted into a PDF document.
Direct/Residual Shear Data Acquisition Software is optimized for use with the HM-382 and HM-380D Direct Shear Machines, which include the required HM-419 four-channel Data Readout Box, two HM-739 Linear Variable Displacement Transducers, and HM-424D Load Cell. These components can also be purchased separately to outfit other direct shear machines. Customization using third-party displacement components is possible, contact Gilson tech support for compatibility information.
Add to Cart to download Direct/Residual Shear Software as a free, fully-functional 30-day trial. A USB security key and licensing information to unlock the software for permanent operation will be sent upon purchase.Features:
- Displays real-time graph and data throughout the test
- Graphs and calculates friction angle and cohesion intercept
- Automatically saves final reports to the computer, network, or cloud
- Calculations and reports in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards
- Optimized for use with desktop, laptop, or tablet devices
- Direct/Residual Shear Data Acquisition Software
- USB flash drive with installation files
- USB security key
- Data Readouts are required for software operation, two-channel or four-channel options available to purchase