Concrete Air Meters measure the air content of fresh concrete in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards test methods. Gilson offers a selection of air meters for use in testing fresh concrete specimens or concrete mixes, lightweight aggregate concrete, or other lightweight mixes.
Controlling air content in concrete occurs through air entrainment, necessary in concrete mixtures exposed to changing environments such as freezing and thawing. Small air bubbles (air voids) are created deliberately with an air-entraining admixture when mixing concrete and serve as reservoirs for freezing water, thus preventing damage and relieving pressure.
For more information read our blog Concrete Air Testing: An In-Depth Look.
- Gilson Concrete Air Meters feature rugged construction, portability, and ease of operation for fast and accurate air content determinations in field environments. These Type B pressure meters, also referred to as pressure air meters or air entrainment meters, measure entrained air in freshly mixed concrete in accordance with ASTM C231 and AASHTO T 152.
- Super Air Meter (SAM) is similar to a Type B meter, but with modifications. This cast aluminum device determines both air content and air void spacing factor in less than 10 minutes. The SAM value corresponds with air void spacing and provides a good indication of freeze-thaw durability. It is equipped with a programmed digital gauge that easily prompts and guides the user through the ASTM and AASHTO test procedures.
- Lightweight Roll-A-Meter is a volumetric air meter for testing concrete mixes. It is specifically required by ASTM and AASHTO standards for use with concrete mixes that contain lightweight aggregates. Readings of percent of air are directly obtained from the liquid level on the scale. Constructed of lightweight aluminum. The top and bottom are easily attached with a stainless steel clamping system to securely hold the concrete sample.
- Volumetair Air Meter includes components needed for testing to ASTM and AASHTO standards. It provides accurate measurements of air content in any concrete specimen and performs well with lightweight mixes. This unit is constructed of PVC and fiberglass-reinforced plastic.
- Chase Air Indicator Kit is an easy-to-use tool in the field to quickly estimate the air content in fresh concrete as a supplement to other standard air meter tests. The kit comes with a vial, cup with stopper, cleaning brush, squeeze bottles, and instructions housed in a plastic carrying case.
- Concrete Air Meter Calibrators are used in the field to quickly check the accuracy of pressure-type concrete air-meters. They are available in models constructed of brass, plastic, or lightweight aluminum.
- Replacement Gauges for Concrete Air Meters are for use with Gilson and most other Type B Concrete Air Meters and are an upgrade from the original equipment gauge. These easy-to-read gauges are available in a rugged stainless steel model or an ANSI-rated German-engineered Gorilla Gauge.
- Replacement Pump for Concrete Air Meters fits most Type B concrete air meters from Gilson and other manufacturers. This replacement pump pressurizes quickly and offers easy operation for efficient testing.
For more information on Concrete Air Meters, here are our related blogs: