Standard Rotational Viscometer is a medium-range rotational viscometer with ±1% accuracy and ±0.2% repeatability. Viscosity measurement range is from 15 to 60,000,000 mPa/s with a torque range of 0.05 to 13mNm. Rotation speed is selectable from 0.3 to 250rpm.
The device accepts a variety of test spindle and sample chamber combinations and features a 7in touchscreen for control input and data display. Viscosity in Pa/s, mPa/s, or cP, speed in rpm, torque, shear stress, time, temperatures from an RTD sensor, and shear rate are displayed in real-time in multiple supported languages. Programs for individual spindles can be stored and selected for convenient use. Password protection identifies different operators and allows the admin user to control access to settings.
Sample temperature data is input from built-in or optional external PT100 probes. Data connections include mini-USB and RS232 ports for PC control, a USB connection for printers or USB flash drives, and an ethernet (LAN) connection for diagnostics.
Basic data logging software is included, allowing data to be transferred in spreadsheet format to a PC or sent directly to a local printer via the USB drive. Advanced Software is purchased separately for enhanced computer control, data analysis, and reporting. An instrument stand, built-in PT100 (RTD) temperature sensor, power cable, and connection cables are also included.
Spindles, sample chambers, advanced software, temperature control devices, and sample handling accessories are purchased separately.
- Accurate, reliable, and repeatable measurements of asphalt binder viscosity
- Versatile accessories are purchased separately to create a customized testing system
- Recommended system meets ASTM/AASHTO test methods
- Secure, password-protected settings, tests, and data storage
- Standard Rotational Viscometer
- Buil-in PT100 temperature probe
- Basic data-logging software
- Power and data cables
- TR Series Viscosity Spindles are designated from TR8 for lower viscosity to TR11 for higher viscosity materials. Spindles can be purchased as individual units or as a complete set of four spindles.
- Sample Chambers are purchased individually to contain the specimen for temperature conditioning and testing.
- Temperature Controlled Bath regulates viscosity sample temperatures from 5°C to 200°C (41°F to 392°F).
- Temperature Control Device controls temperatures up to 300°C (572°F) for viscosity testing.
- Advanced Software enhances computer control of the viscometer for improved analysis and reporting of data. Includes tools for mathematical modeling, management of data, and display of graphics for curves and tables.
- External Temperature Probe connects directly to the viscometer to input temperatures for greater versatility in the placement of the PT100 probe.
- Sample Chamber Rack holds Sample Chambers with sample material vertically.
- Crucible Tongs allow safe handling of hot Sample Chambers.
- Circular Bubble Level ensures the viscometer is level for each test.