Rock Schmidt Type L Test Hammer features low-impact energy for improved repeatability and minimal damage in geological applications evaluating weak or porous rock formations and those with thin weathering crusts. The Type L Rock Schmidt determines hardness, strength, and consistency data for the evaluation of engineering properties. The Rock Schmidt meets ASTM D5873 requirements and features intuitive menu-guided operation, electronic data processing, automatic correction for testing positions, and test data storage.
The included RockLink software has functionality for downloading to the user’s computer for analysis and reporting, the ability to create custom strength correlation curves for unconfined strength, and memory capacity for up to 400 test series. Electronic processing of rebound and impact velocities maximizes accuracy and repeatability. Estimated battery life allows 5,000 or more impacts between charges.
- Fast and cost-effective condition assessment of geological formations
- Enhanced accuracy, repeatability, and ease of use over traditional concrete test hammers
- The low impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf) for testing weak or thin sections of rock
- Unconfined compressive strength estimations from 2,900 to 21,750psi (20 to 150mPa)
- Useful for testing rock cores larger than 2.2in (54.7mm) diameter or formations less than 4in (100mm) thickness
- Memory capacity up to 400 test series of 10 impacts each
- USB interface to user’s computer to upload, analyze and report test data
- Rock Schmidt Type L Test Hammer
- Carrying bag
- Carborundum stone
- Battery charger with a USB cable
- Rocklink software
- Certificate of conformity