The Proceq Resipod Resistivity Meter is used to evaluate the electrical resistivity of concrete surfaces that correlates directly to permeability, the likelihood, rate of reinforcing steel corrosion, and chloride diffusion rate. This simple new test method is based on resistivity readings from standard concrete test cylinders. It is a fast, accurate, and economical alternative to ASTM C1202 Rapid Chloride Permeability testing.
The same cylinder can be used for compressive strength testing, and structural elements in the field can also be checked with the same meter for comparative values. Specific mix designs can be evaluated in the lab, and areas within an existing structure can be quickly mapped for their susceptibility to chloride-induced corrosion of reinforcing steel.
The Resipod is available in two models. Both have a Wenner four-probe array fully integrated into an electronic meter with a digital display. Resistance is measured from 1 to 1000 kΩcm and current is supplied at a variable 10 to 50µA or a full 200µA. The Resipod Meter by Proceq is ready to use for laboratory or field resistivity applications.
Resistance in both models is measured from 1 to 1000 kΩcm and current is supplied at a variable 10 to 50µA or a full 200µA. The non-volatile memory stores up to 500 measured values for transfer to a PC using the included Resipod Link software.
The one-piece, handheld Resipod provides instantaneous and reliable readings on the unit’s large, 3.5-digit LCD display, and is housed in a rugged, IP67 rated waterproof enclosure. Each contact point of the probe array carries a small water reservoir to ensure reliable electrical contact with the specimen surface. The non-volatile memory stores up to 500 measured values for transfer to PC using the included Resipod Link software.
ResipodLink Windows-based software is used to download all measurements from the device to the PC for analysis and reporting. User-defined correction factors can also be defined in the software and uploaded to the device. The charger connects to standard USB ports on computers and laptops.
The Resipod Meter set includes a test strip, foam contact pads, a charger with a USB cable, ResipodlLink software, carrying strap, documentation, and case.
HM-952 has probe spacing fixed at 38mm (1.5in) as required in AASHTO T 358.
HM-954 comes with 50mm (1.97in) probe spacing. The wider spacing allows a greater sampling size but is still narrow enough to avoid interference from reinforcing steel in most cases.
- Easy to use, little training required
- Delivers fast, accurate measurement results
- Wide range of resistance measurement, 1 to 1000 kΩcm
- Dedicated Windows-based software
- The charger connects to a standard USB computer or laptop ports
- Resipod Concrete Resistivity Meter (38mm or 50mm Probe Spacing)
- Test strip
- Foam contact pads
- USB charger
- ResipodLink software
- Carrying strap
- HMA-844 Geometric Accessory is a 4-Probe Wenner array attachment with adjustable spacing from 1.57 to 2.76in (40 to 70mm) for testing of a wide range of concrete sample types and mix designs
- HMA-843 Bulk Resistivity Accessory is used to measure resistivity on 4x8in concrete cylinders and includes measurement plates with conductive foam contact pads and an instrument stand with cable connections.
- Foam Contact Pads can be purchased as replacement pads and provide conductivity and used with measurement plates in measuring resistivity
- HMA-847 Resipod Test Strip to verify performance