The Proceq Resipod Concrete Resistivity Meter measures the electrical resistivity of concrete surfaces, which correlates to the rate of fluid permeability and resistance of the concrete to chloride ion penetration. These properties allow reliable predictions of chloride diffusion in the laboratory and field and the rate of reinforcing steel corrosion in concrete structures. The simple new test method is a fast, accurate, and economical alternative to ASTM C1202 Rapid Chloride Permeability testing.
Resipod readings taken from standard concrete test cylinders establish base resistivity values in the lab. The cylinders are still viable for compressive strength and unit weight testing to confirm mix design characteristics. Structural elements in the field are easily checked with the same meter to collect comparative values.
Specific mix designs can be evaluated in the lab, and areas within an existing structure can be quickly mapped for their susceptibility to chloride-induced corrosion of reinforcing steel.
The four-probe Wenner array of the Resipod measures the surface electrical resistance of concrete from 1 to 1000 kΩcm. Current is supplied at variable settings from 10 to 50µA or at a full 200µA. Each contact point in the probe array carries a small water reservoir to ensure reliable electrical contact with the specimen surface.
Up to 500 measured values are stored in the meter’s non-volatile memory. Resipod Link Windows-based software is included to download measurements to the PC for analysis and reporting. User-defined correction factors can be defined in the software and uploaded to the device.
The one-piece, handheld meter features a rugged, IP67-rated waterproof enclosure and provides instantaneous readings on a large, 3.5-digit LCD display.
The Resipod is available in two models, ready to use for laboratory or field resistivity applications.
HM-952 has the probe spacing fixed at 1.5in (38mm) as required in AASHTO T 358.
HM-954 comes with 1.97in (50mm) probe spacing. The wider spacing allows a greater sampling size but is still narrow enough to avoid interference from reinforcing steel in most cases.
- Easy to use, little training required
- Delivers fast, accurate measurement results
- Wide range of resistance measurement, 1 to 1000 kΩcm
- Dedicated Windows-based software
- The charger connects to a standard USB computer or laptop ports
- Resipod Concrete Resistivity Meter (38mm or 50mm Probe Spacing)
- Test strip
- Foam contact pads
- USB charger
- Resipod Link software
- Carrying strap
- HMA-844 Geometric Accessory is a 4-Probe Wenner array attachment with adjustable spacing from 1.57 to 2.76in (40 to 70mm) for testing a wide range of concrete sample types and mix designs
- HMA-843 Bulk Resistivity Accessory is used to measure resistivity on 4x8in concrete cylinders and includes measurement plates with conductive foam contact pads and an instrument stand with cable connections.
- Replacement Foam Contact Pads provide conductivity and are used with measurement plates to measure resistivity
- HMA-847 Resipod Test Strip to verify performance