Original Schmidt OS8000 Type L Test Hammer makes concrete strength and uniformity assessment more accurate, repeatable, and efficient for green concrete or on cross-sections thinner than 4in (100mm). Effective in the same 1,450 to 10,152psi (10 to 70MPa) compressive strength range, the 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf) impact energy is one third that of a Type N test hammer. The HM-84L uses a traditional impact mechanism with a steel plunger, but rebound energy is measured with an electronic accelerometer. Schmidt Live technology captures, processes, and stores the R-value measurements.
The digital functionality eliminates the need to record measurements and calculate R values. Rebound value, number of impacts, impact angle, and series ID are automatically recorded and calculated. Up to 20,000 data points can be recorded in multiple series of 70 impacts each. Data management and information sharing is enabled through the free Schmidt Live app for iOS and Android.
Connecting to a web-based reporting tool via Bluetooth, the app allows real-time sharing of test data with off-site personnel in pdf or CSV formats. A logbook feature allows GPS positioning, notes, images, and audio comments to be added to the reports. Light, the fiber-reinforced shell provides significant weight reduction and improved ergonomics. The Schmidt OS8000 can also be used as a stand-alone digital or analog test hammer and meets the requirements of the ASTM test method D5873 for the determination of rock core strengths.
- Impact energy of 0.735Nm (0.54ft-lbf) is effective on compressive strengths from 1,450 to 10,152psi (10 to 70MPa)
- Designed to test concrete sensitive to impact or with less than 4in (100mm) thickness
- Much faster measurement and report logging than analog hammers
- Schmidt Live app for iOS or Android reduces errors and increases security
- Memory capacity up to 20,000 measurements in 70 series
- Create custom correlation curves
- Impact results via text-to-speech on Apple iOS devices
- Reports exported in either .pdf or .csv formats
- Original Schmidt Digital Type L Concrete Test Hammer
- Bluetooth module
- Plastic carrying case
- Carrying bag
- Carrying strap
- Micro USB cable
- Rechargeable AAA battery
- Carborundum stone
- Label with conversion curves
- Certificate of conformity