Gilson Tapping Sieve Shakers have a researched-based sieving action that produces sharp, repeatable separations quickly over a broad range of particle sizes and material types. The Gilson-engineered sieving action results from perfect circular rotation of the sieve stack plus vertical two-way tapping at 48 taps per minute. These high-capacity shakers can hold as many as twenty sieves, depending on model and sieve frame dimensions.
Superior circular rotation prevents "dead spots" on the sieve surfaces that prevent complete separation. Particles roll in all directions relative to the pattern of woven sieve mesh. The upward taps mix, reorient, and redistribute particles to present new orientations to sieve surfaces. Downward taps assist in passing near-size particles to clear the mesh openings.
Gilson's tapping sieve shakers have rugged painted steel housing and are powered by a 1/3hp heavy-duty motor. Both models feature the EZ-Clamp system, internal counterbalance system, adjustable footpads for leveling and easy relocation, and Gilson's exclusive digital controller.
Gilson's exclusive digital controller is easy-to-read and has a large, bright 0.5in (12.6mm) LED display. It provides precise test times for exact repeatability up to 99 minutes, at ±1 second, and it is simple to program. The controller features a pause function allowing the cycle to be suspended and resumed with no loss of test time and automatically resets to programmed test time for exact repeatability. A 5-second audible alarm sounds at the completion of the interval.
Gilson's easy-to-operate EZ-Clamp system with an integral sieve cover that slides freely up and down the clamp rods with the push of a button. Once the clamps are in position, simply release, then a quick twist secures the cover on the sieve stack. Once the test is complete, raise just enough to remove the sieve stack. The clamp assembly stays in place for the next test without readjustment.
Gilson's internal counterbalance system promotes stability during operation without the need for permanent mounting.
SS-8R models recommended particle size range is 1in–No. 635 (25mm–20µm).
SS-12R models recommended particle size range is 2in–No. 635 (50mm–20µm). The SS-12R models are supplied with an adapter to accept 8in (203mm) or 200mm sieves.
Note: characteristics of individual materials may affect the useful particle size range.
|8in/200mm Sieve Capacity|
(Full-Height / Half-Height)
|12in/300mm Sieve Capacity|
(Full-Height / Half-Height)
|12in Sieve Capacity|
|SS-8R||10 / 20||–||–|
|SS-12R||10 / 20||6 / 13||10|
- Two-way tapping
- Innovative Gilson exclusive EZ-Clamp system
- Smooth operation and easy-to-use
- Internal counterbalance system
- Precision digital controller
- Accommodates up to twenty sieves
- Gilson Tapping Sieve Shaker (115V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz)
- 8in Sieve Adapter (SS-12R models only)
- ASTM or ISO Test Sieves are available in a wide selection of frame diameters, heights, materials, and opening sizes
- EZ-Clamp Upgrade Kit is included with shakers or can be purchased to retrofit older SS-8R and SS-12R shakers
- Platform Adapters adapt shaker for use with 3in, 6in, or 10in test sieves
- Clean-N-Stor streamlines fraction collection, sieve cleaning, and weighing functions for sieving operations
- SSA-805R Sound Enclosure controls noise and dust associated with sieve shakers and other lab equipment