Gilson's Orbital Sieve Shakers are portable, easy to use, and outperform comparably priced sieving equipment. They are widely used in particle size testing of mineral aggregates and for sieve gradations of many other free-flowing granular materials. These cost-effective 1/4hp units are widely accepted by state transportation departments for highway materials testing (contact us for specific standards requirements).
Both models feature a back-and-forth lateral motion combined with up/down and tilting actions. The combination of actions moves the test specimen in orbit on the sieve cloth. Particles are exposed to the entire mesh area of the test sieve, and size fractions are quickly separated. Shakers are recommended primarily for No. 4 to No. 200 (4.75mm to 75µm) material size range but may be used with larger material sizes when specifications for sieve loading and sample quantities permit.
Both models feature Gilson's exclusive EZ-Clamp system to quickly and securely lock in sieves for testing. The easy-to-operate clamping system with an integral sieve cover slides freely up and down the clamp rods with the push of a button. Once in position, a quick twist secures the stack. When the test is complete, raise just enough to remove the stack, and the clamps stay in place, ready for the next test without readjustment.
All mechanical and electrical parts are enclosed in a rugged painted steel case with rubber feet. Freestanding operation is normal, but they may be securely mounted via holes provided in bottom-end flanges.
SS-14D series accommodates 8in, 12in, 200mm, and 300mm test sieves. SS-14 shakers can be purchased to operate on either 115V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz power. The 230V, 50Hz powered model is shipped without an electrical plug.
- SS-14D models feature Gilson’s exclusive digital countdown timer with a large 0.5in (12.7mm) LED display. The timer shows precisely timed operations up to 99 minutes at ±1 second. A pause function and user-selectable modes offer greater versatility. Settings are saved between cycles for precise repeatability and easy, one-button operation.
SS-15 series accommodates 8in and 200mm test sieves. Shakers can be purchased to operate on either 115V, 60Hz, or 230V, 50Hz power. The 230V/50Hz powered models are shipped without an electrical plug.
- SS-15 models use a classic 15-minute spring-wound mechanical timer with a manually adjustable knob-stop for improved repeatability and a “hold” feature for continuous running.
- SS-15D models feature Gilson’s exclusive digital countdown timer with a large 0.5in (12.7mm) LED display. The timer shows precisely timed operations up to 99 minutes at ±1 second. A pause function and user-selectable modes offer greater versatility. Settings are saved between cycles for precise repeatability and easy, one-button operation.
|8in/200mm Sieve Capacity
(Full-Height / Half-Height)
|12in/300mm Sieve Capacity
(Full-Height / Half-Height)
|12in Sieve Capacity
||6 / 12
||10 / 21
||6 / 14
- Accurately separates No. 4 to No. 200 materials
- Widely accepted by state DOTs for testing mineral aggregates
- Units can be operated free-standing or mounted
- Compliant with multiple ASTM and AASHTO standards
- 8in or 8in/12in Gilson Orbital Sieve Shaker with a mechanical (SS-15 only) or digital timer
- ASTM Test Sieves and ISO 565, 3310-1 Test Sieves are available in a large range of opening sizes and various frame heights. Sieves are constructed of all stainless steel, all brass, or with a brass frame and stainless steel cloth.
- SSA-806 EZ-Clamp Upgrade Kit replaces original clamping assemblies on older SS-15 and SS-15F models.
- SSA-802 and OBA-15R Clean-N-Stor units are fast and efficient for collection, cleaning, and weighing operations when sieving.