Gilson’s asphalt coring equipment is used in a range of applications from a sampling of concrete and asphalt pavements, slabs, and structures to cutting and retrieving cores, and trimming specimens for testing.
- Core Drilling Machines are available in gasoline or electric-powered models. The coring machines meet ASTM C42, as well as AASHTO T 24M and AASHTO R 67 standards. The gasoline-powered unit has a 6in (152mm) diameter drill bit capacity, while the electric drill models have a bit capacity of up to 12in (305mm).
- Asphalt Diamond Coring Bits are available in open-head or closed-head styles. The final core diameter ranges from 2in (51mm) to 6.25in (159mm) and core length up to 13in. Designed for wet use and other asphalt applications.
- Expander Sets are required for mounting open-head style coring bits to Core Drilling Machines. Expander sets install at the end of the open core barrel. Available in sizes that correspond to the open-head coring bits. Expander Sets are reusable.
- Core Extractors are compact for easy handling and storage and have a powerful, locked-in grip for extracting stubborn cores without damage.
- Core Retrieval Tongs are long enough to use when standing and can generate considerable leverage for breaking off cores. Once freed, the cores lift out easily.
- 4gal Pressurized Water Tank manually supplies pressurized water to the Core Drills to cool core drill bits and flush out cuttings during drilling.
- 18in Drilling Strap Wrench removes and connects with ease the diamond core bits from the spindle of the Core Drills without damaging the equipment.
- Masonry Saws are available in portable and heavy-duty models that perform well in wet or dry cutting of asphalt and concrete. The portable unit is designed for a 14in (356mm) blade and has a 5in (127mm) cut depth. The heavy-duty saw has a 20in (508mm) blade capacity with a cut depth of 8in (203mm).
For more information on core drilling, here are our related blogs: