AC-450 Series Fully Automatic Concrete Compression Machines AC-450 Series Automatic Concrete Compression Machines have a total capacity of 450,000lbf (2,002kN) and their rugged, welded steel frames exceed ACI 363 requirements for system rigidity. They perform complete strength tests for concrete cylinders, beams, cubes, cores, and other sample types, with minimal operator input. The units are supplied ready for compression strength testing of 6x12in (152x305mm) concrete cylinders up to 12,700psi (87.6mPa) with user-supplied unbonded neoprene capping pads and steel retainers.
An automated test cycle is initiated with a single button on the touchscreen controller after the selection of the test method, sample type, specimen data, and test parameters are made. The machine controls specimen contact, pre-loading, rate of load, break detection, data collection, and return of the piston to the home position following specified requirements for the selected test method. Variations in load rates and test procedures are eliminated, ensuring accurate, repeatable, and documented results, strictly conforming to ASTM, AASHTO, and other testing specifications.
Force, stress, and rate of load are displayed simultaneously during a test, with an option to show real-time load vs time or stress vs strain graphs. Load rate and applied force are precisely regulated by feedback during sample loading. Tests can be printed immediately using the Wi-Fi capability, or the data can easily be collected and transferred to the user’s PC for reporting results using a USB flash drive and the USB and LAN ports.
A menu button prints each test or transfers test data in summary form. Testing laboratory, sample ID, and client information are stored for error-free reporting and distribution. Diagnostics feature instantly displays the status of the emergency-stop button, drive system, data communication, pressure transducer, and over-travel limit switch. If any of the systems indicate a fault condition, it must be resolved before testing can proceed.
The integrated electric motor and the hydraulic pump are energy efficient and operate at variable speeds to achieve and maintain required pressures based on loading program demands. This state-of-the-art drive system is dramatically quieter, eliminates pressure variations from over-heated oil, and extends the service life of the hydraulic components.
By mounting the piston in the top of the frame where it is unaffected by accumulated test debris, excessive long-term wear to the hydraulic system is prevented. An emergency-stop button, hydraulic safety relief valve, piston over-travel limit switch, and fragment guard door ensure safety to the operator while running tests.
AC-450 models are the standard load frame for compressive and flexural strength testing and may be outfitted with the accessories to accommodate additional testing.
AC-450M and AC-450MR special factory-modified models. They are outfitted with a different manifold, optional proportional valve for controlled piston retraction, and either one or two LVDT inputs required to determine ASTM C469 modulus of elasticity (MOE), or MOE and Poisson’s ratio on 4 or 6in (101 or 152mm) cylinders. These modified models are also capable of determining compressive, flexural, and splitting tensile strength tests by using the same component sets (based on test type and frame capacity) as the standard forms. Compressometer and Compressometer/ Extensometer testing fixtures for MOE and Poisson’s ratio testing must be purchased separately.
- Windows-based controller regulates testing parameters based on ASTM/AASHTO specifications
- Touchscreen controller is menu-driven for easy test setup
- Minimal operator input required, increasing productivity with fewer errors
- USB and LAN ports and Wi-Fi capability for trouble-free data management
- Next-generation drive system runs cooler, quieter, and more consistently
- Frame exceeds ACI 363 requirements for system rigidity
- Safety features include an E-stop button, see-through fragment guard doors, a hydraulic safety relief valve, and a piston over-travel limit switch
- 450,000lbf Automatic Concrete Compression Machine (110V, 60Hz or 230V, 50Hz)
- 6x12in Cylinder Test Set for use with Unbonded Caps
- Cylinder Test Sets are available for 2x4in, 3x6in, 4x8in, or 6x12in concrete cylinder specimens for compression testing, select from a test set for use with unbonded caps or bonded caps.
- ACA-200 Flexural Test Set allows loading of 6x6in flexural beams
- Cube Test Set for compression testing of 2x2x2in or 6x6x6in cube specimens
- Tensile Cylinder Splitting Set allows testing of 4x8in or 6x12in concrete test cylinders
- Compressometers measure the deformation and strain of test cylinders to determine the static modulus of elasticity (MOE).
- Compressometer/Extensometers are used to measure deformation and strain for MOE and Poisson's ratio determinations, available for 4x8in or 6x12in cylinders.
- Grout Prism Test Set can adapt compression machine for testing 3x3x6in grout prisms.
- Proppant Crush Testing Set can be installed for use in hydraulic fracturing for oil and gas recovery industry.
- Perpendicularity Verification Devices (PVD’s) are used to verify proper perpendicular alignment of concrete cylinders during compressive strength testing.