The HM-559A Static Cone Penetrometer evaluates soil compaction, soil consistency and bearing capacity of foundations and pavement subgrades. Simply press the Penetrometer into the soil 6in (152mm), take a reading from the gauge, then advance another 6in to take the next reading, and continue to desired depth. Fine-grained, soft soils yield the most accurate results, while gravel and rocks in the soil can cause inaccurate readings.
Penetration Cones are required for use with the Static Cone Penetrometer and purchased separately.
- Inner/Outer rod construction eliminates effects of soil friction
- High-strength chrome alloy and 316 stainless steel construction
- Simple to use
- Uses 60° penetration cones with 1.5cm² or 3.0cm² area
- Pressure gauge of hydraulic load cell reads cone stress directly
- HMA-559 Static Cone Penetrometer
- 0—70kgf/cm² gauge
- 2ft (610mm) starter rod
- HMA-272 3cm2 Cone connects to starter or extension rods when taking penetrometer readings and is required for operation of the Static Cone Penetrometer
- HMA-277 1.5cm2 Cone connects to starter or extension rods when taking penetrometer readings and is required for operation of the Static Cone Penetrometer
- HMA-276A 2ft Starter Rod for Static Cone Penetrometer replacement starter rod used with or without 2ft extensions for deeper penetration
- HMA-271A 2ft Extension Rod can be added to the starter rod for greater depth capability